Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Code Test

#31 by Sheldonboy , Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:16 pm

I have ordered an Enigma machine, but with my luck it will be Voltman proof.

Arguing with an idiot is like teaching a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time, and it only annoys the pig!

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#32 by Voltman , Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:37 am

Zitat von Sheldonboy
I have ordered an Enigma machine, but with my luck it will be Voltman proof.

I don't understand what you are saying.

"Nothing is more dangerous than an idea when it is the only one you have." Emile-Auguste Chartier

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#33 by Voltman , Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:08 am

As you will all see I have been playing around with the permitted html codes that allow the formatting of text within a post.
It is quite simple and further information can be found in the FAQ section of the forum. (Upper right corner of this page)

The format is as follows, (ignore the numbers 1 to 3)

[style= color:tomato; font-size:16pt; font-family: times]
Your text goes here
[/style]

In this example tomato is the colour, 16pt is the point size of the text and times is the font used for the text.
There are at least 139 named colours.
Other text formatting code is also permissible but all features disruptive to a forum have been disabled by Xobor.

Used wisely this can brighten up our posts
VM

"Nothing is more dangerous than an idea when it is the only one you have." Emile-Auguste Chartier

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Last edited 06.05.2010 | Top

#34 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:40 pm

Hi VM

Not knowing my http from my html I was wondering what was going on. I had of course read through the FAQ section. But when it came to reading about htlm it just went straight over my head.

Even after your useful explanation I am still in the dark, suffice to say if it is safe to the forum if you think some of us may be able to grasp it then carry on.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#35 by Sheldonboy , Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:01 pm

Excellent Volty old boy and thanks for all your hard work. Can you explain it to us mere surfs in language that we can understand. With all the technically studied knowledge at your disposal. You are of course fully appreciated as our Computer Guru, and we know that we can rely on your superior skilled mind and sympathy with our predicament.
Preferably in less than Forty Six Pages. Mucho Appreciato as they say in Spain. SB

Arguing with an idiot is like teaching a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time, and it only annoys the pig!

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#36 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:09 am

I know what you mean VM.

signman
Last edited Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:10 am | Top

#37 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:18 am

HELLO

signman

#38 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:22 am

[img]http://www.server.de/grafik.gif[img]

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures
signman
Last edited Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:23 am | Top

#39 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:23 am

Hello There

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#40 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:05 am

testing and again testing.

signman
Last edited Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:07 am | Top

#41 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:22 am

IT Works Then

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#42 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:53 am

Looks like it.

signman
Last edited Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:54 am | Top

#43 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:48 am

Well if I can do it...........

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#44 by Voltman , Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:51 am

These are simply modifiers to the default way your browser displays text.
Because HTML code could easily be used to completely change the look of the Forum and also to act in undesirable ways on visitors computers, Xobor disable most HTML but they do allow some of these formatting commands.
They can to be entered in this CSS format (Style Sheet), which is the latest method of formatting webpages.
I have tried a load of different commands and so far found have just a few that work.

Here is my line so far but split into parts for ease of labelling. In real use the line has to be complete in one line of text.
[style] is the command that starts a line
[/style] is the command that must end the line.

[style=
color:gray; In this one the Gray can be replaced with any one of a surprising number of colours
font-size:32pt; In this one the 32pt can be changed to a sensible font size
font-family: aerial; Here the aerial font can be changed to any common web font, Verdana, Times, Script, etc
line-height: 25%] This one sets the distance between the lines of text compared to the standard for the font in use.
[/style=

Any errors in the line may cause the entire line of commands to be ignored and displayed as text.
Remember that when pasting into your texts the "Control and V" keys can be pressed simultaneously to give the "Paste" command, this is sometimes easier and more precise than using the mouse's right click menu.
The "Control and C" keys will give a "Copy" command

VM

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Last edited 06.06.2010 | Top

#45 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:55 pm

Well done VM.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Servants

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor