Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: WATCHA DUIN TODAY.

#181 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:48 am

Mornin John
The weather here is unseasonably rubbish too. But the lawns on Sheldonboy Estate will be well glad of a drink. Got a busy day again today, but then thankfully they all seem to be. I am on the bus at the moment, everyone (else) looks as though they are going to a funeral. SB

Arguing with an idiot is like teaching a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time, and it only annoys the pig!

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#182 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:11 am

Morning everyone,
Got a mad rush job on, and only 2 days to do it before I head off to Brum, hence the early start and my disappearance for a couple of days.
Dull and dismal here at the moment,rain imminent by the look of it, have a nice day ya'll.

signman

#183 by Sheldonboy , Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:40 am

Morning John from rainy Brum.I look forward to meeting yu next week hopefully. I will liase with Dave. SB

Arguing with an idiot is like teaching a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time, and it only annoys the pig!

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#184 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:06 am

Morning,
A dull morning here, just off to finish a job, then haircut, and nothing for the rest of the day.

signman

#185 by Sheldonboy , Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:44 am

Hi John
You must be looking forward to getting away. Did you know that Brum is one of the country's top hoiday Destinations. It's a bit dismal here, we had a hell of a storm last night.
SB

Please spread the word about Brummies Talking
Visitors copy this link

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 06.10.2010 | Top

#186 by Deleted User , Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:53 am

After such a wonderful week we have had rain all this week.The dog walk was a wet one yesterday morning.Overcast this morning but the weather man reckons we may be in for a good weekend.A good break from watering my veg patch and potsa though and the gardens look much better after a well needed drink.

#187 by Sheldonboy , Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:56 am

Hi Den who had the well needed drink you or the gardens ?

Visitors copy this link http://205004.xobor.com/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#188 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:37 am

We've had a months rain overnight and it's still tipping it down, just doing some packing and then going to pick car up and on my way..

signman

#189 by Voltman , Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:13 am

Today I will be mostly trying to get my ADSL back up and running.
My new modem has arrived but I still think it is Virgin's fault.
That means two hours on the phone talking to a call centre person in India, who does't know a modem from his elbow.
Wish me luck.
VM

"Nothing is more dangerous than an idea when it is the only one you have." Emile-Auguste Chartier

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#190 by Sheldonboy , Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:50 am

Just speak Punjabi, it's easy, you get by in town.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#191 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:46 pm

When I signed on for my internet it was before Virgins and Telewest's time. It was Birmingham Cable. If anything went wrong I just picked up the phone and rang a local number. I was always answered with a reassuring Brummie twang. Though admittedly it sometimes had the hint of an Asian accent.

Now I have to admit that I am biased against foreign based call centres. Not because they are manned by foreigners but because I believe they should be in this country. This is where they are making the money so why not return some of it to the local economy. Richard Branson should be ashamed of himself.

It's not as if they train them well for the job, I was speaking to one a couple of weeks back and I had to stop him and ask for somebody who could speak English. The chap said "I am speaking English" and I had to reply "Not any dialect of English that I can understand".

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#192 by Sheldonboy , Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:43 pm

Bang on Phil. All companies we know are there to make a profit. I know they pay taxes, but they must carry some kind of social conscience. Most large companies could carry a few extra staff, it wouldnt break them and it would help the country, it would also be very good PR and more people would probably use their services.
Instead they trim their staff to the bare minimum. They get away with this because the remaining people know that if they don't cover the extra work with extra hours etc they will be in big trouble. An awful lot of people also work through their lunch breaks. It is still cheaper to have these call centres abroad, but we don't get the level of service that we are paying for. Who cares, Certainly the share holders don't. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#193 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:45 pm

SB

Trouble is these companies do not earn any loyalty. If a new company comes along offering the same service and quality of service at a cheaper rate then the customer is off.

Years ago we remained with the same milkman, breadman, grocer, butcher and even window cleaner for years. Because we knew them and we were assured of good service. I sometimes long for those days back.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#194 by Sheldonboy , Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:56 pm

Loyalty is very low in many spheres Phil

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#195 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:46 am

Beautiful weather here so far, going on a tractor tour of the village and surrounding area, then off to Throckmorton airfield for the Help for Heroes show.

signman

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Community Pubs

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor