Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Makes me feel almost home.

#31 by Brumlad , Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:50 pm

Hi Signman, love the photo - SO true! And, MikeJee, I was really sad when Kraft bought Cadbury's. It seemed to be turning its back on everything that the original Cadbury family stood for and all the good work they did for Birmingham.

Brumlad  
Brumlad
Date registered 06.02.2012

#32 by paul , Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:16 pm

hi all
been having a look round this forum hope you all do not mind but ill put in my bit[Laugh Out Loud] try and make you smile but i love live news so im going to try and put news post up just took see what you think[Be British]

paul  
paul
Date registered 12.31.2009

#33 by Brumlad , Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:26 pm

Just saw the question about 'cheddar cheese and picled onions' - DON'T ask! The 'Yanks' idea of sharp cheddar cheese is roughly the equivalent of the Brit's 'mild' - unless you buyu Vermont cheddar, which comes pretty close, and it's strange, they seem to do pickled everything except onions!

Brumlad  
Brumlad

#34 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi Paul & Brumlad

Welcome back both of you, its been a while since we heard from either of you, hope it's not so long until the next time.

phil
Last edited Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:23 pm | Top

#35 by Brumlad , Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:39 pm

I need to remember to check it out more often, life keeps getting in the way! ;)

Brumlad  
Brumlad

#36 by Sheldonboy , Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:50 pm

Hi Paul and Brumlad as Phil said nice to see you again don't forget where we are.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not sure about the former.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#37 by SusanC , Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:56 am

Ahhhhhh ... us Yanks also now have
Deep Fried OLIVES stuffed with Asiago [Italian cheese] and aged NY Extra Sharp White Cheddar cheese, served in a tall martini glass .... and of course Deep Fried Pickle Slices - either wedges or slices. I agree on the yank version of cheddar as being mild .... my Mom loved Limburger. YUK.

SusanC  
SusanC
Date registered 02.02.2012

#38 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:44 am

Good morning Susan

Different cultures different tastes, I have to admit that a sharp cheddar cheese is the only cheese that I will even think of eating.

phil

#39 by Voltman , Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:21 am

Surely a bit of Blue Stilton melting on top a big juicy steak has to be tempting?

http://www.gutenberg.org/
Latest Posts

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#40 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:25 am

Sorry Volty

Just the sight of Blue Cheese makes me feel sick, and the thought of disguising the taste of a good steak with anything is a criminal offence in my book.

phil

#41 by Voltman , Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:27 am

I am sooo Guilty.

http://www.gutenberg.org/
Latest Posts

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#42 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:34 am

Volty

I can understand the fact that you would want to disguise the taste of some steaks these days because to be honest some of it is complete rubbish and must come from old cows that have been slaughtered because they are no longer producing milk. Though it is still possible to get some decent cuts if you know where to get it. It helps if you have a brother who is a butcher with his own shop.

phil

#43 by Brumlad , Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:49 pm

Good morning BRUM. Not sure about the 'deep fried' pickles? But, yes, the extra sharp MY cheese is a bit stronger. But there's nothing quite like a cheddar that has matured in the Cheddar caves for a year or so. Phil, I would assume your brother is a butcher from your post? It was one o0f the first jobs I had when I left school, although it didn't last long enough for me to be called a butcher - that was back in 19^$.

Brumlad  
Brumlad

#44 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:33 pm

Brumlad

Yes young Raymond ( I say young he must be at least 48 ) is a butcher I think it's the only trade he has ever had. Not like the rest of the family who are all brummies and now mostly live in the ROI except one brother who lives in Sweden (I think last I heard he had a farm there) and a sister who still lives in Brum.

phil

#45 by Brumlad , Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:24 pm

Hi Phil, Sweden would be too cold and much too dark for me in the winter. It IS one of the advantages of living here in Baltimore - sun up is about 7am at the moment and sunset at about 5. So there's much more sunlight than good old Brum even. I always faniced opening an Indian restaurant here - the Balti Balti. But I don't really like curries and hardly ever cook them! [Frying Pan]

Brumlad  
Brumlad

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
New Members

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor