Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: GHOSTS

#46 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:21 am

Morning all,
Thanks for your kind comments re, my photos, will post more when I return on Monday.
Off to Brum and Overbury at 8 am, will be wandering around Brum seeing what I can find in the way of photos.
Have a good week-end ya'll.

signman

#47 by Nicholas , Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:07 am

Posted by denise
Why do men have no logic???.........

I'm the most logical person I know Denise!!!! Laugh, laugh!!!

Any you KNOW that I love a good ghost story!!! Laugh!!!!

Thank you for asking me to join this forum!!!

All the best to everyone,

Nick

www.westmidlandsghostclub.com

Nicholas
Date registered 08.20.2010

#48 by Nicholas , Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:23 am

Nicholas

#49 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:29 am

Hi Nick

Welcome to our forum, you may recall that I have what may be called a kindred attitude toward ghosts as your own. Though I may not say a lot on the subject I am willing to listen listen or in this case read. At least that way I may or may not as the case may be learn something.

Anyway make yourself at home, we are small in numbers but we are a friendly lot.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#50 by Nicholas , Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:31 am

Posted by phil
Hi Nick

Welcome to our forum, you may recall that I have what may be called a kindred attitude toward ghosts as your own. Though I may not say a lot on the subject I am willing to listen listen or in this case read. At least that way I may or may not as the case may be learn something.

Anyway make yourself at home, we are small in numbers but we are a friendly lot.

Phil

Thank you very much Phil.....

Regards,

Nick

Nicholas

#51 by Deleted User , Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:42 am

Welcome Nick,
I always enjoy your posts and look forward to your future contributions.

#52 by Deleted User , Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:55 am

I have only lived in this property since Feb.It is 210 years old and when the wind blowsit feels it LOL.

I am sensative to the feel of places and have never felt a bad vibe in this house.

Not long after we moved in I woke up one morning to the overpowering smell of Lavender.

It reminded me of the old tins of polish people used years ago.No explanation for it.

The other odd thing was for a few weeks,usually on the landing and stairs we could smell cooking very stronglyThe smells were of lovely roasts and sweet puddings.

Luckily Jim smelt it as well so was glad it was not just me..not had these smells for a while now but it was odd.

I am sure there is an explanation for the smells but we can not work it out.

#53 by Nicholas , Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:20 pm

Posted by denise
I have only lived in this property since Feb.It is 210 years old and when the wind blowsit feels it LOL.

I am sensative to the feel of places and have never felt a bad vibe in this house.

Not long after we moved in I woke up one morning to the overpowering smell of Lavender.

It reminded me of the old tins of polish people used years ago.No explanation for it.

The other odd thing was for a few weeks,usually on the landing and stairs we could smell cooking very stronglyThe smells were of lovely roasts and sweet puddings.

Luckily Jim smelt it as well so was glad it was not just me..not had these smells for a while now but it was odd.

I am sure there is an explanation for the smells but we can not work it out.

Thanks for the warm welcome Denise!!

I think it was Belgrave Hall in Leicestershire where the smell of roasting meat is sometimes reported!!! Mmmmmmm - now that's the sort of ghost I wouldn't mind!!! Laugh!!! I love the smell of lavender too, I must admit, so I wouldn't be scared by that either!! Laugh!!!!

Re. feelings in houses and the like - we've just become involved with a poltergeist case (in the Black Country) where I'm assure they have never felt even the slightest 'bad-vibe'.... despite what has been going on there. From some notes I made elsewhere:

"The effect began earlier this year - some time in March - when a daughter of the family reported hearing a slight scratching noise from under her bed (on her 20th birthday, as it happens). While the family (initially) passed the matter off as nothing, the girl was sufficiently perturbed as to bother recording the noises on her mobile phone. (A recording which she still has). Strangely, these noises only happened in the one, small, front bedroom - and only when the girls boyfriend was staying overnight with her. If the girl, or anyone else stays in the room alone.... then there is no disturbance whatsoever!?

Within a short period of time, the scratching noises had escalated into two separate sounds: a rapid, short scratching and a long, drawn-out noise like something being slowly, deliberately dragged over a surface.

Members of the family - and neighbours - were asked to come and hear the noises concerned and endeavours were soon being made to 'converse' with the noises (with, by this point, a knocking sound also regularly manifesting). Interestingly, the sounds seemed quite happy to 'speak with' people - knocking out answers in reply to 'yes and no' questions and imitating sequences of knocking noises made by spectators. The mother of the family told me that they had first assumed the intelligence behind these things to be a deceased relative - but she had then changed her mind about this, relating the effect as more like the actions of a sub-human, goblin-like intellect!! In asking questions of the thing, she observed that 'you didn't know whether to trust it' - i.e. some of it's answers had been contradictory, or blatant lies, etc.

We were told of a typical instance where there were 7 witnesses (in the room and on the landing of the house) to a question and answer session with this 'whatever-it-is', with three others allegedly asleep (elsewhere). They asked how many people were in the house and it knocked back 10 times.... They asked how many people were asleep and it knocked back twice...... Knowing that there were 3 people in bed, not two, as indicated, they checked and found one of the kids was out of bed and playing on his X-Box at that time!!!

Over the space of some six months (give or take), the nature of the activity had escalated - again, only when the boyfriend made endeavours to stay in the room with the daughter concerned. The problems had become exceptionally bad..... with loud banging sounds (loud enough to disturb the neighbours on occasion), manipulation of the mattress on the bed (mattress being 'lifted up', or seemingly 'pushed up' from underneath the bed). The couple had tried to 'sit out' the effects concerned, but they just seemed to get worse and worse over the duration that they tried to stay in the room. The end result was invariably the same; an admission of defeat in the end and a retreat to the sitting room to spend the night! (On one occasion - within the last few days - the effect was so bad, the banging noise appeared to follow them down to the living room). This was on a night when the bedroom concerned had just been freshly decorated..... We were told by the mother of the family that this was the worst night so far, probably.....

What do you think of this one then? Laugh, laugh!!!

All the best to everyone....

Regards,

Nick

Nicholas

#54 by Deleted User , Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:14 pm

I know one thing.....I would be long gone and not hung about for explanations LOL

Strange but the smells did not scare me....just puzzled me.

Last edited Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:15 pm | Top

#55 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:18 pm

No comment.

signman

#56 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:26 pm

John

Couldn't you knock out a few posters, make up a bit of a spiel, then get a few punters together take them down some dark alleyways and for a cliff walk on a moonless night. Get a couple of mates to hide and make weird noises as you pass by. The punters will love it and you will make a fortune.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#57 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:06 pm

Phil, there's too many people already doing it.

signman

#58 by Nicholas , Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:13 am

Posted by denise
I know one thing.....I would be long gone and not hung about for explanations LOL

Strange but the smells did not scare me....just puzzled me.

I'm constantly telling the people concerned (in cases like this) that there isn't anything to be worried or scared about...... Of course, I do have to tag 'but that's easy for me to say, as I'm not living here!' on the end of such sentiments!! Laugh, laugh!!!

No - ghostly smells would be more puzzling that scary, I'm sure!!! With my delicate temperament, I'm sure this would be the only kind of ghosts I could deal with these days!! Laugh!!

All the best,

Nick

Nicholas

#59 by Sheldonboy , Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:38 pm

Posted by denise
Why do men have no logic???.........

I don't understand.

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#60 by Sheldonboy , Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:14 pm

Posted by phil
John

Couldn't you knock out a few posters, make up a bit of a spiel, then get a few punters together take them down some dark alleyways and for a cliff walk on a moonless night. Get a couple of mates to hide and make weird noises as you pass by. The punters will love it and you will make a fortune.

Phil

Phil, John does this every night coming home from the Wagon anyway. He just doesn't need the posters. SB

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Lettuce man

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor