#32 by PJ , Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:26 pm

Must go, Goodnight Princesses and Princes all
PJ

PJ  
PJ
Date registered 12.27.2009

RE: GHOSTS

#33 by Sheldonboy , Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:29 pm

Goodnight, Gettin out while the going is good eh.

Do not take life too seriously - you are not going to get out of it alive anyway.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#34 by toady , Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:19 pm

Phil, while on my visit down memory lane today, I draw your attention to Long Street if you imagine the houses that I lived in and the house that almost came to the bottom of my garden the man that lived there was a bit of a recluse the locals called him "hoppy" he died in the house and his body was very decomposed when found, after the house had been fumagated and made livable a family moved in but not for long the lady saw a man on the stairs and came running out screaming she actually described "hoppy", and had no idea of whom had lived there before.
More room for thought

toady  
toady

Founder Member
Date registered 01.11.2010

#35 by Sheldonboy , Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:05 pm

I have pulled ALL POSTS regarding the follow up comments on this Thread. Any further replies by PM to SHELDONBOY please.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 02.08.2010 | Top

#36 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:14 pm

This is my sum total of ghostly experiences if thats what you want to call them. I posted this to another forum, but there is no reason why I can't repeat it here.

If such things as ghosts existed I would love to meet one, what would I have to be frightened of. Since man has been able to write I don't think there is one recorded event of anyone being physically harmed by a ghost or a spirit nor has there been any cast iron proof of their existence.

I have in my life, only experienced one unexplainable phenomenon and I do not put that down to ghosts or the spirit world or religious visitation. As I think I am a person of reason, I put the occurrence down to a state of mind at the time.

Basically whilst staying at my sisters overnight, I awoke in the night to find a figure standing at the foot of my bed. Thinking it was my brother in law I asked several times "what do you want Mick". The figure just stood there and made no reply. It stood there as I crossed the room, but as soon as I switched on the light it disappeared. At no time did I feel scared or threatened.

Even today I can think of no reasonable explanation for what happened other than a little mental aberration

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#37 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:57 pm

PJ,
Have only just seen your post on my Mojave desert photo.
You can't describe being in the desert alone, it's weird, there is nothing but you, on days like the one when I took the photo, no wind ,certainly no smell, no sound, no nothing, you listen for anything, but there is nothing.
It's a totally strange feeling, you start to look around and wonder I'm the only one here ,it's like being on a planet and knowing you are the only one there.
That's as best as I can describe it, by the way, I go everywhere on my own, that's how I wish it to be.

signman

#38 by PJ , Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:25 pm

Hi John,
I could be suffering if that's the word from the same ailment as you. Married, love the wife, I'm sociable without wanting to win a popularity contest, like to chat in the pub, and find people watching facinating, but also like my own company, and I'm not at home in crowds, I think that's why I'm attracted to the idea of the desert and have earmarked a trip there one day, alone. I do fancy one of those small camper/travellers so I could overnight off the beaten track and see if its what I expect it to be, and if possible find out why I need the experience.
I have also done a lot of driving through my life as a H G V driver and no, I haven't murdered any prostitutes (yet) as Jeremy Clarkeson would have us believe.
I don't know if you find it so, but there is a drug like euphoria to putting down the miles, sounds strange but a good portion of your mind is on autopilot and that seems to leave the top end uncluttered and free to (sounds strange) just think, and the thought of having as your photo shows mile after mile of open traffic free roads gives fuel to the fire to make a move.
Have you got the desert now out of your system or is it a case of once done you need to have more ?
PJ

PJ  
PJ
Date registered 12.27.2009

Last edited 02.09.2010 | Top

#39 by Sheldonboy , Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:05 am

John and PJ I think I would like to sample the pace of life of the desert right now, where time has stood still for thousands of years, and means nothing. The silence I think that would be too loud for me if you know what I mean. SB

Do not take life too seriously - you are not going to get out of it alive anyway.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#40 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:20 am

Hi PJ and SB,
I was born under a wandering star as the song says, I am and always will be a nomad two hours in a place and I'm on the move can't wait to see what's round the next corner, done it all my life.
When I was married, I v'e been known to get out of bed at 3 in the morning drive 100 miles and come back and get back into bed and the missus has been non the wiser.
I once cooked breakfast for a down and out on Barmouth beach at 6 in the morning, and if my memory is correct it was new years day.
There is nothing like the feel of sitting behind the wheel and thinking where shall I go, I'm picking a hire car up Friday morning to come to Brum, and I;m like a kid waiting for Christmas.
I have put 2 more albums in the photo gallery, and will start another one today of lonely roads, if admin don't mind that is, bearing in mind it is a Brummie forum.
all the best and keep on truckin' John.

signman

#41 by Deleted User , Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:26 am

I think you should follow your dreams now and again .

My son is a HGV driver ,mechanic and he has a business where he rescues trucks that have broke down.He has a good picture albun of all the trucks he has rescued and the odd situations he has found them in.

Hope you have a good trip to Brum.

#42 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:52 pm

Hello Denise,
I shall be putting a couple of photos in the road album later on, they are 2 I took of heavy recovery vehicles on Interstsate 40 between Nashville and Memphis.

signman

#43 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:03 pm

Denise

It's a pity I didn't know you back before I retired. I could have put a lot of work your sons way. We didn't have a breakdown unit and we used to hire one in when needed.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#44 by Sheldonboy , Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:31 am

Hi Signman
I really enjoyed your latest pictures, and thanks for sharing them with us, how can we mind, as I have said once or twice before, It's your Forum. Make use of it and enjoy it. Thanks again Graham

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#45 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:03 am

John

I have already made my comments underneath your lead photo, but I can't stress enough how good they are and a great asset to this forum.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Lettuce man

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor