Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: HOT OR COLD?

#16 by Deleted User , Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:04 am

Really enjoyed reading your posts.

When I was younger we had a few cats and they all died of the same kidney complaint.It was so upsetting that I vowed never to have another cat as I felt like I was a curse on them.My sons think they were poisoned.One very young cat we had was devoted to me and would letme do anything with him.Really upsetting.

We have two dogs.

We went looking in the dogs home at Kenilworth but we spotted a poster up in the local post office.Home wanted for Jill.hER OWNER HAD SIED AND THE LADY PARTNER HAD GONE INTO AN OLD PEOPLES HOME.sHE PAID PRIVATE TO HAVE JILL KEPT IN KENNELS AS SHE COULD NOT PART WITH HER.aFTER SIX MONTHS JILL WAS DEPRESSED AND NOT EATING SO SHE DECIDED TO TRY TO FIND HER A NEW HOME.sORRY cap locked.

Jill was a lovely collie and offered us her paw to shake so we were smitten but she was quiet and sad looking.

We gave her a home and she is now a happy dog,she has a heart murmer and three teeth when we had her,now one,we had tohave them out and looks like her last tooth will have to be removed soon.

She has become a barker though,every outside sound she wants to alert us to which drives us nuts sometimes.

We adore her and love her so much.

#17 by PJ , Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:01 pm

Denise, I think your sons where right there about the poisoning, I have heard of a similar happening. Some people just cant stand cats. They attribute them with the ability to deliberately use their neighbours gardens as a toilet out of spite.
It brings to mind a friend of mine who through lifes ups and downs ended up an alchoholic and living alone with his cat. He realized something was wrong when he started to think that his cat was trying to take over his mind and that it was always watching him.
He did make his way back to being normal and living back home with his Mom but sadly was taken a couple of years later with a brain haemorrhage.
Your dog Jill, when I see old dogs I see them as any old pensioner and treat them with the same respect and care. Best get my eyes tested.
PJ

PJ  
PJ
Date registered 12.27.2009

#18 by Deleted User , Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:28 am

Interesting to talk about our animals.

Back to the snow and ice.See the weather people reckon we have lot more of it ahead.The worse winter for fifteen years.Wonder how are tropical plants will do.Not good I suspect.

Fell over yesterday and banged me knee up.Quite shook me up.Be careful out there.

#19 by Deleted User , Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:15 am

Hope you are all warm and dry today.

Jim seems to have got to work OK.Ashamed to say I was still asleep when he left for work.

Going to take the dogs out soon as they are looking at me as if to say ,hurry up we are fed up of waiting.

Stay safe.

#20 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:35 am

Denise

How often have you been told, have the tot after you come back from walking the dogs and not before.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#21 by Deleted User , Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:53 pm

LOL Phil.

Bright sunshine now.

#22 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:29 pm

Denise

Its the same here but still bitterly cold. I had to go and collect our prescriptions and take them to be filled this morning. I was at the pharmacy bright and early, Sainsbury's was empty as there was no one was on the road (one good thing to be said for the snow) But I still had to wait for over 15 minutes for the prescription to be filled, why is that?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#23 by PJ , Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:54 pm

Phil,
You cant expect them to put down their first cup of the day just to serve a customer, come on be reasonable, this is England

PJ  
PJ

#24 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:04 pm

PJ

They could have at least offered me one. After all I had battled my way through the snow and ice of the car park.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#25 by Deleted User , Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:09 pm

Yes very mean of them not to offer you a cup of tea Phil.

#26 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:19 pm

Denise

Yes it was, seriously though I know I am an old moaner but every time I go onto the pharmacy it seems to take longer to get served. There are two on duty pharmacists and a helper plus the counter assistant helps out if there is no one to serve.

I know that my wife and I have quite a combined order to fill, but its not like the old days when they used to have to count pills into a bottle or mix medicines. All they have to do now is take packets off a shelf and check them into a carry bag.

How can that take up to 40 minutes. How can my wife drag me round the shop and buy enough food to feed the multitude on the mount and get back to the pharmacy and still have to wait.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#27 by Sheldonboy , Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:45 am

Phil have you noticed as well that there are always chairs for people who are waiting for medicines. They are usually taken by a couple of people discussing their ailments and have already been served>who have already been served. SB

If all else fails Read the instructions

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you. Carl Gustav Jung

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#28 by paul , Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:02 pm

hi phil it could be that they have standing orders to fill first repeat perceptions and suck like or may be you like like the type that you can kept waiting

paul  
paul
Date registered 12.31.2009

#29 by PJ , Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:54 pm

I think its like everything else Phil, its how good and how fast the Pharmacist is. By us the chemists is never empty and ten mins is all you have wait, Val, on the counter can talk on any subject get her point over with just enough time for you to repeat your address and then,"bye Val" yet the chemist by my Moms,( she's past on now ) one time I asked him if I could give him a hand, thirty mins, standard, very few wait, they pick up later, he has three staff who have learned to avoid customers glares, and he will not be hurried.

PJ  
PJ

#30 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:32 pm

I understood when years back when everybody was prescribed "The Mixture" that it had to be mixed and bottled. Unless it was stored outside in 1000 gallon tanks like paraffin. Then pills had to be sometimes made on the premises and ointments mixed. Yes I understood that all this took time. But today if you can read the box you are a pharmacist as everything is bought in.

Sorry I just can't see what takes so long to put a few boxes of pills into a paper bag. It might be as Paul suggests they look at me and think "he looks harmless he can wait a while"

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Nurses

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor