Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Put 'em In The Stocks

#1 by Deleted User , Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:58 pm

Thought we could start a thread of who we would like to see in the stocks.Anybody annoyed you lately??

I will start off with a little westie called Belle,come downstis this morning to see this and then this.
In the night she had smelt Jim had forgotten food was in his bag and she had a feast.She is quite choosy though,she only licked out the middle of the custard tarts.

Last edited Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:18 pm | Top

RE: PUT EM IN THE STOCKS

#2 by mikejee , Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:42 pm

Denise
She was just looking after her health. You know pastry is not good for the blood pressure.
mike

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#3 by Deleted User , Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:23 pm

That will be it Mike LOL

#4 by Sheldonboy , Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:56 pm

Who would I put in the stocks, Blair and Brown. Worth chucking a few house bricks at.

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#5 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:10 pm

I agree with TB but I'm not so sure about Gordon. I think he did his best but he had a bad team and in the end his best wasn't good enough. Not that I voted for him, but there again none of us did. Sorry to say I don't think much of any of the ones who are cutting each others throats to get the job either. I'll reserve judgement on my candidate for the stocks for now.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#6 by Sheldonboy , Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:21 pm

Talking Historical Figures. I would put Guy Fawkes in the stocks...FOR FAILING

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#7 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:20 am

SB

I think Guy Fawkes suffered a little worse than the stocks for failing miserably in his little part of the plot.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#8 by Sheldonboy , Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:58 am

No excuse

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#9 by Nicholas , Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:58 am

Posted by phil
SB

I think Guy Fawkes suffered a little worse than the stocks for failing miserably in his little part of the plot.

Phil

Laugh, laugh, laugh!!!!! Fairly minimum input and resulting in a major whupping!!!! Laugh, laugh!!!

My (off the top of my head) suggestions for the stocks:

Anyone involved in the production / execution of any form of 'reality television' programme..... Particular emphasis being put on the likes of Jeremy Kyle..... though I would personally push for some form of 'execution', rather than mere, physical reprimand in his case.....

The bloke from the 'Go Compare' adverts!!!!! (In the stocks with a 'Scolds Bridle' firmly fixed, so he can't blummin sing!!!!!)

People who read my 'Polite Notice - Strictly No Callers At The Door' sign, yet still knock and open a conversation with: "It's okay - I did read your sign, but....."!!!!!

Arrgghhhhhh!!!!!

Regards,

Nick

www.westmidlandsghostclub.com

Nicholas
Date registered 08.20.2010

#10 by Deleted User , Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:02 pm

Interestingly I was listening to the radio and they were talking about the power of advertising as the Go Compare AD come up as an example of the most irritating but the most remembered.....they have had huge business because of this ad.

#11 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:33 pm

Nick

What you need is a very large dog and a beware of the dog sign. Believe me they will read that and take note.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#12 by Deleted User , Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:15 pm

Shop assistants who ask "would you like a bag"?

No I will carry it on me head ta all the same.

Bought a breakable pot with a lid this morning she could see I did not have a bag and yet she still asked me............[Frowning]

Then in Iceland the next till opened a a well suited guy rushed over in front of me.....no manners Grrrr

Put em in the stocks.

#13 by Voltman , Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:12 pm

Posted by denise
Shop assistants who ask "would you like a bag"?

No I will carry it on me head ta all the same.

[Laugh Out Loud]

“If a man knows he will sooner or later be robbed upon a journey, he will have a bottle of the best in every inn and look upon all his extravagances as so much gained upon the thieves.”
Robert Louis Stevenson.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer] http://telsen.co.uk/

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#14 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:36 pm

Denise

Now its the other way around with me, it annoys the hell out of me that they insist on putting every little thing in a bag. They even have different size carrier bags for people who only buy small items.

Certain shops assistants have gotten used to me growling at them now and don't offer me a bag. They know that I will ask if I want one.

I think my wife is making a collection of these lifetime bags, we seem to have a cupboard full of them. She annoys me sometimes because if one gets holed or breaks she sticks it in the recycling bag. When I ask why she doesn't take it back to the shop for replacement as you are supposed to because thats the whole idea of lifetime bags. She just says "its too much trouble" You cant win.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#15 by Sheldonboy , Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:46 pm

It's time that plastic bags were banned and replaced with paper ones, at least they rot in landfill. When I am asked if I want a bag, I usually say no thanks I'vv'e got enough to carry.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Waiting for an op?

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor