Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Forward Birmingham

#16 by Sheldonboy , Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:08 pm

Great pictures John, The lighting and framing are very good. They really help to raise the profile of our forum, thanks. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Last edited 02.16.2010 | Top

#17 by berniew , Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:33 pm

I think over recent years the improvements to the canals , especially around town , has been one of the biggest plus's. Snow hill will look a lot tidier when the present half built and abandoned office blocks and hotels are finally finished and. Digbeth has started to be improved but needs a lot more doing to it. I suppose this will probably be tied in with the demolition of the Wholesale Markets , which are apparently due for relocation out of town , it will be interesting to see the proposals for whatever is due to be built in the space left by the markets . Personally I hope they make the space the new Broad Street because Broad Street is looking very tired and tatty and that could do with a big makeover any road up we'll see what happens Bernie

berniew  
berniew
Date registered 12.28.2009

#18 by Sheldonboy , Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:05 pm

Bernie mate nice to see you posting again. I have to agree the Broad Street area is very tatty. It's like a lot of places that get very popular, and then over used. Then they get very expensive, businesses move out. The area gets run down and off we go again. The canal area is brilliant, lets hope it is maintained and kept affordable.
There is a lot of work starting on the East side (Digbeth etc) , there has even been talk of raising level of the River Rea. A river is always an interesting feature of any town. We'll see. SB

If this was the best I could do. It wasn't good enough

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#19 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:06 am

Thanks SB, as you can see the weather wasn't very good, but like you say it's not everything, and we can't have picture postcards all the time.
Tell it like it is that's my motto.

signman

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Bonfire Night

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor