Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: Another arrest

#92 by astoness , Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:18 pm

Quote: Sheldonboy wrote in post #91
Dave Lee Travis Arrested, just been announced

good grief its getting worse by the day...i would imagine that anyone who said hello to JS must be quaking in their boots...what bothers me now about all this is the huge amount of public money its going to cost to investigate the hundreds of allegations with no guarantee of proving anything...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 11.15.2012 | Top

RE: Jimmy Saville Another arrest

#93 by mikejee , Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:29 pm

From report on the subject:
"There is no suggestion that any allegations of paedophilia have been made against Mr Travis, but two women have come forward in recent weeks claiming he groped them during the 1970s and 1980s. "
So two women have come forward who were not underage. What has this to do with it. Soon, no doubt, every women who went out with a serviceman when in their teens will be claiming he touched their breasts and they want compensation

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#94 by astoness , Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:40 pm

mike i reckon its all getting out of hand now..clutching at straws springs to mind..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#95 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:46 pm

It's always the same when anything like this arises it becomes a witch hunt, at least these people are alive and can answer their accusers. Lets just see how many are released without charge in the end. I noticed that they all seem to be has beens who are being questioned. I find it strange that no major stars are being questioned. What about Paul Mccartney or Mick Jagger or stars of that level, I'm sure they got up to a few naughties in their time?

phil

Dave Lee Travis's arrest

#96 by Sheldonboy , Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:48 pm

DLT denies any envolvement with children, at this stage I totally believe him I hope he clears his name. We will of course see other people who are implicated named and they deserve to be but as names are brought forward we should I think be open minded until proof is shown. I wouldn't like to be connected with this kind of thing being innocent.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#97 by mikejee , Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:38 pm

To bring back an old thread, the final reports are now out. Only seen the TV summaries, but struck by the description of him: grandiose, opportunistic, manipulative, narcissistic,, arrogant, lacking empathy. Seems that would also apply to one of his major mentors, the obnoxious Margaret Thatcher - two of a kind!!

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Last edited 06.26.2014 | Top

#98 by astoness , Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:58 pm

mike ive seen the reports as well and i dont think i will ever get my head round how he could have gotten away with so much to so many spanning 50 years without someone opening their mouths..i know that a few did but not many...baffles me completely...its just a pity that he is not hear to answer for himself..

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 06.27.2014 | Top

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor