Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Jimmy Saville

#76 by Deleted User , Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:10 am

Seven complaints were made to the police in his lifetime and none taken up.

#77 by mikejee , Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:38 am

The latest thing I have seen comes from a website which i would not have thought likely to be particularly salacious. At http://www.lrb.co.uk/2012/10/27/andrew-o...t-entertainment. it is claimed, and he seems to give good sources, that Derek McCulloch, who ren Children's Hour and described himself as Uncle Mac was an enormously predatory paedophile. I was never a fan and he always seemed particularly unctuous and slimy, somewhat resembling that awful women with the teeth from kidscape

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#78 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:14 am

Denise

If seven complaints were made in his lifetime and non were taken up, then believe me there could not have been enough evidence for an investigation or a court case which the DPP would have adjudicated on.

Mike,

I have read a couple of paragraphs of your link, I found it most interesting. I will come back to it later when I have more time to take it in and digest it.

Something I was reading today on another forum, the government gives contraceptive advice to girls as young as 13 years of age through various agencies. They can even get free condoms, pills, morning after pills, and implants injected that help stop pregnancy. So who is pandering to paedophiles here then?

phil

#79 by Sheldonboy , Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:26 pm

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#80 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:56 pm

Hang about the BBC can't say say had no suspicions concerning JS years back and then say the banned him from Children in Need for being too creepy. Being creepy is not a crime but being a sexual predator is. So the BBC best make up their minds was he or wasn't he to their knowledge? They cant have it both ways.

phil

#81 by Sheldonboy , Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Most of seems to be about saving ones own neck methinks.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#82 by astoness , Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:16 pm

i see that savilles estate has been frozen again so that all those abused by him can start compensation proceedings...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#83 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:38 pm

How are they going to claim compensation against a dead man? He would have to stand trial in a criminal court first and then in a civil court surely? I'm all agog to see quite how that is going to be done. Even if there is some sort of a loophole where they can sue a dead mans estate. then owing to the complexity of such a case most of the money would go in legal costs.

I must get on to my solicitors, JS touched me on the shoulder once when he wanted to get past in the Marquee club on Wardour St in the 60's that's as good as rape isn't it?

phil

#84 by lynne webb , Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:31 pm

Phil I cant believe your last sentence.

lynne webb
Date registered 10.05.2011

#85 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:04 pm

Lynne

Why not, I'll admit that it is beginning to look like JS was not the most savoury of characters, but I'll bet most of these people who are crawling out of the woodwork at the slightest smell of money were molested as much as I was by JS.

phil

#86 by mikejee , Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:06 pm

I agree Phil. While there are almost certainly some who were unlawfully abused, there are undoubtably a large number out to get some of the gravy train , or who would really have liked to get on the Jeremy Kyle show, but whose life was too boring, so made something up . I notice one person who claimed to have seen abuse in the 1980s has retracted this when it was pointed out that he did not go to work near Saville till the 1990s

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#87 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:12 pm

Mike

Lets just hope that the police sort all these creeps out, because they are as bad as the people they accuse and in some cases worse because the people they accuse are innocent.

phil

#88 by lynne webb , Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:34 pm

Phil ..what i couldn't believe was comparing a tap on the shoulder with rape, to me the only crime worse than rape is murder. I do agree though that many of the allegations will either be minor or non-existant but others are serious. I dont agree with any compensation being paid, but if it is, it should go to the likes of Childline so children will be listened to, and we wont have all this repeated in a few years time.

lynne webb
Date registered 10.05.2011

#89 by Sheldonboy , Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:56 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #83
How are they going to claim compensation against a dead man? He would have to stand trial in a criminal court first and then in a civil court surely? I'm all agog to see quite how that is going to be done. Even if there is some sort of a loophole where they can sue a dead mans estate. then owing to the complexity of such a case most of the money would go in legal costs.

I must get on to my solicitors, JS touched me on the shoulder once when he wanted to get past in the Marquee club on Wardour St in the 60's that's as good as rape isn't it?

No Phil he was probably pushing you out of the way to get to someone else.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

RE: Jimmy Saville Another arrest

#90 by Sheldonboy , Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Freddie Starr Arrested now
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20174081

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Strange Place To Get Stuck

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor