Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Diana Fund to Close

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:12 pm

The Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fund set up in 1997 is going to close at the end of the year . Without going in to why & wherefores of Princess Diana and her life. I would ask the question why this charity with honourable intent that was set up by donations from a caring public is going to close.

Is it down to the mismanagement of the morons who were put in charge of it, who have always seemed to have a different agenda to those people who donated to the fund. What about the memorial fountain (paddling pool) in Hyde Park, I think it's pretty certain that those that donated to the fund thought that they would be getting a statue. As far as I am aware there is not a public sculpture of Diana anywhere in this country (if it's true) I find that strange. Heres an idea, why not spend some of the £13 Million of the fund that is left in the fund on a statue before the trustees come up with another stupid idea like when they wasted £17.5 Million trying to sue the American Company Franklin Mint.

phil
Last edited Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:53 pm | Top

RE: Diana Fund to Close

#2 by Deleted User , Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:36 pm

I agree with that Phil.

RE: Diana Fund to Close

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:38 am

I thought it a shame, that a fund responsible for so much good work is to close. I think it is mainly down to the mismanagement of the trustees.I have no argument with the way the funds were distributed, but I think more attention should have been made to what the people who donated to the fund wanted. What the trustees should have kept in mind was that it was the ordinary person off the streets that started this fund without any help from them before they ever became involved.

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Squatters

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor