Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Birmingham Council Tax

#16 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:33 pm

Mike

They did give her advice and her parents were with her at the time, they told her that at completion of her course and after parting with £2,000 she would have no trouble being accepted by Uni. Well as I have said previously she wasn't accepted by Uni, even though she was told she had the right qualifications they told her that the course was full. We have since found out that in the whole history of the college there have only ever been two applicants accepted who had these supposedly "A" level equivalents.

phil

#17 by mikejee , Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:46 am

Colleges like that should be banned from operating

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#18 by mollymandysb , Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:15 am

morning all

right let's get one thing clear, its not being british when we hold on to our royal family just the fact that some of us treat them differently. other countries have royal families, older than ours. the danish for instance is the oldest in the world. norway, spain, holland even belgium have royal families. we are so brainwashed in this country to think that we are the only ones to have royal families, we hold them in too much esteem.

phil,

i m not sure what course your grand daughter was after but there are other ways of getting into uni. my son messed about when taking his a levels, so went to college for two years and gained a hnd, he then went to work for a couple of years then decided to go to uni to get his degree. his hnd was taken into account and he only had to do two years and came out with a 2nd class honours. my daughter did not take her a levels because she was due to go into hospital, so she went to college and did a (I think) gnvq foundation and then went to the royal college of arts in london, again coming out with an honours degree. so its worth looking at all the options.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#19 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:58 am

Steph

Yes my granddaughter was prepared to study and sit her "A" levels but was told this course gave results at the end that were the equivalent of what she needed and it also gave her a very good grounding in her chosen field (I suppose the "A" level courses were overbooked). We are talking about the granddaughter who wanted to be a vet, when she wasn't able to get into Nottingham University she decided she would settle for being a veterinary nurse and that is when her troubles started.

phil

#20 by mollymandysb , Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:02 am

the careers advisers really annoy me, they told one young girl - who was a bit on the slow side that if she went to college and did an nvq in cleaning out cat cages etc. (do we really need nvqs in 'shit shovelling' these days) then she would be able to follow this up and become a vet one day. i quickly pointed out to her mom that she would need a lot more qualifications and money to follow that path.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb

#21 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:07 am

Steph

The thing is that annoys me, if they had said to my granddaughter, go straight for your "A" levels then that she would have done. So more than likely she would have been at Uni now.

phil

#22 by mollymandysb , Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:49 pm

Phil how is your grand daughter getting on. i know it was difficult for her but did she find a placement with a vet in the end,

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb

#23 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:11 pm

Steph

As I said earlier the only one she could find was out of her College catchment area and they wouldn't accept it. It would have meant her transferring to a college in Stafford and that was out of the question. After much thought on the matter she signed up for a two year course in Animal Management @ £3.000 per year in the hopes that she will somehow be able to wangle a placement for veterinary nurse before the end of that course. I think she will end up as the most qualified vet nurse in the country by the time she finishes. The sad truth is that there are not enough vet nurse placements about for the amount of applicants, and the few that there are go to children of the Vets friends. Nothing ever changes does it, it's not what you know, but who you know.

phil

#24 by mollymandysb , Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:32 pm

yes phil you are so right, well lets hope she can get something.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb

#25 by Voltman , Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:14 am

Quote: mollymandysb wrote in post #

right let's get one thing clear, its not being british when we hold on to our royal family just the fact that some of us treat them differently. other countries have royal families, older than ours. the danish for instance is the oldest in the world. norway, spain, holland even belgium have royal families. we are so brainwashed in this country to think that we are the only ones to have royal families, we hold them in too much esteem.
steph

steph
I am not brainwashed in any aspect of life in this country.
I am well aware of the worlds other monarchies, I just don't see what they have to do with me. They are not the British monarchy and do nothing for our country.
We have a royal family and, although I don't get excited about their trials and tribulations, I do think we should have the whole shebang and not just a queen in a castle.

Perhaps you would like to take the word Royal out of everything, put an elected politicians head on our currency, close down the tower and sell the crown jewels. In fact why not go the whole hog and get rid of everything one or two of us don't like or don't want to pay for.

Let me start....
Goodbye and good riddance to your precious doss houses of learning, aka Universities.

VOLTMAN

http://www.npl.co.uk/
http://www.gutenberg.org/
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#26 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:58 am

Volty

You have some very good ideas there!

phil

#27 by Sheldonboy , Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:09 am

Quote: Voltman wrote in post #
Quote: mollymandysb wrote in post #

steph

steph
I am not brainwashed in any aspect of life in this country.
I am well aware of the worlds other monarchies, I just don't see what they have to do with me. They are not the British monarchy and do nothing for our country.
We have a royal family and, although I don't get excited about their trials and tribulations, I do think we should have the whole shebang and not just a queen in a castle.

Perhaps you would like to take the word Royal out of everything, put an elected politicians head on our currency, close down the tower and sell the crown jewels. In fact why not go the whole hog and get rid of everything one or two of us don't like or don't want to pay for.

Let me start....
Goodbye and good riddance to your precious doss houses of learning, aka Universities.

VOLTMAN

Fully gree Volty

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
H and S inspectiions

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor