Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Eight years NOT long enough

#1 by Sheldonboy , Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:58 pm

Eight years for a scumbag like this, not enough what do you say.
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17738958

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: Eight years NOT long enough

#2 by mikejee , Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:53 pm

The trouble is that there is nowhere now to transport criminals.I have a (very) little sumpathy for the mother, but none for him, or for his dubious lawyer who got him such a short sentence. Mingd you i never have any sympathy for the crooked legal profession

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#3 by Voltman , Fri May 18, 2012 8:57 am

Just to show how out of step our sentencing is read this webpage, more specifically the bit at the bottom where a woman gets 9 years for a hoax food claim in an American fast food joint.
It shows the power of money versus life, particularly when dealing with big and powerful yankee companies.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/17...html?ref=topbar

Hart's discovery calls to mind an incident said to have occurred at a Wendy's in San Jose, Calif., in 2005.
Anna Ayala claimed to have bitten into a severed finger she found in her bowl of chili. After she and her husband confessed the scheme was a hoax, the woman was sentenced to nine years in jail.
However, Ayala was released after serving four years and was subsequently banned from ever entering the establishment again.

You and I should use anendlessstreamofvowelsandconsonants to form the words we will use to effectively assemble a forceful tirade of
well constructed sentences which will aid and assist us in our tireless struggle to virtually eliminate verbosity

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 05.18.2012 | Top

#4 by mikejee , Fri May 18, 2012 9:36 am

The trouble is that it is often difficult to determine whether a claim is genuine. sometimes it is pretty obvious, like the case i saw some years ago where hsomeone claimed that a pre-pepared meal (can't remember what exactly , but it might have been shepherd's pie) had been contaminated by a broken thermometer in the factory. There were little globules of mercury rolling around the container. The fact that mercury thermometers are never used in food factories for the very reason of possible contamination would seem to make accidental contamination impossible, and the fact that the glass , which was also present, exactly matched that of clinical thermometers sold in Boots , and similar chemists, but not that of laboratory thermometers, was extra confirmation. I don't know if the firm took action against the perpetrator, but would guess that it was unlikely, as even falso claims bring a bad image on a product. I have mentioned before the council standing up in court and saying that the firm had withdrawn all product produced in the two weeks around the time where the bar containing half a mouse's head was found, but not found the other half. That resulted in sales falling off a cjiff. Companies usually avoid bad stories, even if they are false.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Nothing New

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor