Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Nothing New

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri May 04, 2012 2:43 pm

I see Labour have won back Birmingham with an overall majority after 8 years of Tory Excellence. I also see they even managed to get a Labour seat on Sutton Council for the first time in history. He or she will be lonely there.

Phil

phil
Last edited Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:38 am | Top

RE: Labour Win

#2 by Sheldonboy , Fri May 04, 2012 6:04 pm

I disagree Phil, Labour didn't win, they are just as useless as the Con Dems. They regained seats because the other Scumbags deserved to lose them. People have short memories.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri May 04, 2012 6:13 pm

SB

I entirely agree with what you say, I was merely pointing out the facts of how badly the ConDem alliance failed in Birmingham, not to mention the rest of the country.

Phil

phil

#4 by Sheldonboy , Fri May 04, 2012 6:35 pm

Phil its time all three major parties were recognised for what they are, a bunch of self satisfying, scumbags. By the way how many actually went to jail when they were caught committing fraud with their expences.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#5 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri May 04, 2012 7:19 pm

SB

I'm not sure, but I think you could count them on your left hand, more to the point how many of them were sacked as they would have been in other jobs? Since when did being an MP make it legal to fiddle your expenses?

phil

#6 by Sheldonboy , Fri May 04, 2012 8:10 pm

Phil when you are part of the Management I suppose you make your own rules. As far as the expences are concerned I hold every MP responsible. especially new MPs who took the job on as a new career and wanted to make "a difference". These people should have opened up about what they could claim. But no they joined the Old Guard and either got stuck in or kept quiet.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#7 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat May 05, 2012 11:58 am

What we need is to go back a good few years when local government Councillors got expenses only and no wage, and MP's only got a living wage. It's no good going on about they need a salary that expresses the stress and responsibility of the job. No one but themselves asked them to do the job in the first place.

It matters not how good intentioned they started out, they all end up the same like pigs round a trough.

Phil

phil

#8 by Sheldonboy , Sat May 05, 2012 8:33 pm

Too right Phil, I say thanks for the Freedom of information act. It does take time but at least some of these issues come out in time. How much has been hidden by our masters in the past.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#9 by mollymandysb , Thu May 10, 2012 5:53 pm

i agree with everything you say, the population have such short memories and forget what the labour government did against the working man - how many lost their end of year salaries under gordon brown when chancellor. the public sector are up in arms at the present because they are facing the same. my ex mp jackie smith actually queried the rules on what expenses where legal, she had a good idea that morally it was wrong but put her head in the trough when told it was quiet legal. the sad thing is that the local labour party did not de select her but the voters threw her out,. however, i have spoken to a number of party members who think she did nothing wrong and yet the voters returned the council in redditch to labour. the new candidate is a local councillor at the moment and a few years ago she tried to run an arts festival which was a complete failure and cost the council a lot of money so how they think she can become a good mp i dont know. unfortunately, i think the voters think that by voting labour the councils will be able to stop some of the governments policies but we know they cant.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Recession Again

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor