Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: New Announcement.

#46 by Voltman , Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:36 pm

I'd like to report the last post of Phil's as Admin Abuse.
You can tell he was into knocking things down.

Anyone informed that the universe is expanding and contracting in pulsations of eighty billion years has a right to ask, “What’s in it for me?”
Peter De Vries (b. 1910)
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 07.07.2010 | Top

#47 by Sheldonboy , Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:05 pm

It's got to be good to be at the top of something, the next step is to be top of something else. SB

Please spread the word about Brummies Talking
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#48 by Voltman , Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:09 pm

Anyone informed that the universe is expanding and contracting in pulsations of eighty billion years has a right to ask, “What’s in it for me?”
Peter De Vries (b. 1910)

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Last edited 07.07.2010 | Top

#49 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:56 pm

I had a word with our provider about the problem of matching posts and suggested that we get a warning when someone had posted to a thread between our opening the thread and typing a reply. This would save double posting the same reply.

This is the answer I received.

"Hi Phil,

thanks for your suggestion!
I talked to the programmers and they told me: Indeed an useful function, but right now we do have other priorities, e.g. improving already existing functions etc. So I doubt this feature will be implemented the next time, sry".

So although it won't be included in the next round of updates, it may be in a future one.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil
Last edited Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:57 pm | Top

#50 by Sheldonboy , Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:00 pm

No problem Phil but thanks for trying. SB

Please spread the word about Brummies Talking

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#51 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:40 am

As a bit of an experiment I have had 100 lapel badges made up by a company that does this sort of thing. John (signman) was good enough to set out a design for me.

They are the pin back type of thing that we used to wear as kids. They are of a laminated metal construction and are round in form and about 25mm (1 inch) in diameter. See the attached photo.

If anybody wants a few to hand out to friends if you send me a PM with an address where they can be sent I will send you 4 or 5 on a first come first served basis. If the idea does any good and we get a few new members from it, then I will order some more.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures
phil
Last edited Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:45 am | Top

#52 by Voltman , Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:47 pm

That's a good idea Phil. I'll PM you.

Peter De Vries (b. 1910)

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#53 by Voltman , Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:14 am

Got the badges Phil, Thank You.
I'll distribute them to suitable candidates.
VM

Peter De Vries (b. 1910)

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

RE:

#54 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:46 am

I have this morning deleted the membership of 4 members who have been members for more than one month but have as yet failed to post. These members were, "golden, Kipperkev, lenthecab, & Lorraine Slynn" If anybody knows these members and they are wondering why, please tell them anybody who joins this forum and does not post within 28 days will be removed.

If they wish to become a participating member, then all they have to do is rejoin as they have not been placed on any ban list. I take this action because I do not wish for this forum to be like others and be full of ghost members who never post. When looking at our membership numbers you can be sure of one thing at least everyone of them has posted to the forum.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE:

#55 by Sheldonboy , Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:34 pm

Good enough Phil, SB

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#56 by winkle , Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:08 pm

Hi Phil. I would like to complain. I've been a member now for over two hours, and Astoness has failed to batter me. Is this a record worth boasting about?

winkle  
winkle
Date registered 02.22.2011

Last edited 02.23.2011 | Top

#57 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:42 pm

Winkle

I think as you might very well know she doesn't batter people unless they deserve it. Anyway you would need to make a comment in "open all hours"

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#58 by Sheldonboy , Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:34 pm

Posted by winkle
Hi Phil. I would like to complain. I've been a member now for over two hours, and Astoness has failed to batter me. Is this a record worth boasting about?

Hi Winkle, you only get a battering, if there are any Batters left after battering me. she is rehearsing for her summer job. it's one of the major parts in Punch and Judy. SB

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#59 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:21 pm

In the vain hope that these new members will read this, we are informing these members

Sandra G
Lynda SB
Sparrow
Villa 1

On the 26th of this month which is next Monday we will be deleting their membership under the following rule,

Any new member not having made a post to the forum after being a member for a minimum of 28 days will have his membership revoked.

We do this because unlike some forums we want the number of members we say we have, to be active members and not just a number of members who never post.

If you want to remain a member just make a post saying hello and your membership of the forum will be safe.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil
Last edited Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:48 am | Top

#60 by mikejee , Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:49 pm

Maybe Linda SB is SB's female incarnation

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Good morning to all...

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor