Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Love your MPs, love this lot

#1 by Sheldonboy , Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:26 am

Of course we must help our ethnic minorities?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15715780

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have spent most of life trying to save.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: Love your MPs, love this lot

#2 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:17 am

Quite simply tosh & claptrap.

Phil

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

phil

#3 by Sheldonboy , Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:56 pm

Your'e not keen on the idea then Phil

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have spent most of life trying to save.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#4 by mikejee , Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:45 pm

The next proposal will be to be paid to listen to party political broadcasts - mind you they are usually such tripe that it is surprising anyone listens to them without being bunged

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#5 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:52 pm

If you want to be a MP it should because you want to help to ease the burden of your fellow country men or women. Therefore you should not expect to be showered with money and honours. Just doing a good job and making life easier and comfortable for the population of this country should be reward enough.

The trouble is there is not one of the six hundred and fifty and the eight hundred odd in the other place avaricious money grabbers in Westminster who have the public at heart. All they think is self, self,self.

Phil

phil

#6 by Deleted User , Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:48 pm

True

#7 by mollymandysb , Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:32 pm

Phil

Dennis Skinner is still there, although these days he keeps his head down. Emily Thornbrey (I think that s how you spell her name) is a very good mp for one of the islington seats and the other seat in islington is held by Robin corbyn, another very very good mp.

a lot of the trouble is the press and yes we are again back to the old 'brain washing' that goes on, the sun readers etc. just look how the press hounded michael foot. the selection for mp goes along the lines that you have to be a member of a politcal party, and at one time to be a member of the labour party you had to be a member of a union. certainly, here in redditch our next labour candidate was born here, went to school here and worked here and lives here. even jackie smith worked here, had her children here and was a local councillor before she became an m.p. jackie would, and still in fact, is seen canvassing at election time. (she has got some nerve tho). rebecca blake is a local councillor and if she gets elected as an mp for redditch next time she is still going to remain as a councillor.

i am not sure what the people really want and i am not sure they know.

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#8 by Sheldonboy , Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:05 am

I know this isn't unknown Steph but do you think it's possible these days to combine the job of MP and Councillor.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#9 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:22 am

Steph

The problem is different people want different things, I'm sick of hearing that there is no such thing as class divisions these days. What utter rubbish, when did you last hear of a milkman or dustman being allowed membership of Boodles?

The working class just want a fair deal and be allowed to aspire, but the upper class want them to remain where they are so they can hang on to what they have got.

In Michael Foot you was talking about a real man of the people a man that put all his time and energy into trying to help his fellow man. Mickeys only problem was his time in the top job of the labour party came too late, when he was past his prime. When he was in his prime there was no more passionate or eloquent speaker. I have stood enraptures as a youngster on peace movement marches listening to him speak.

Phil

phil

#10 by mikejee , Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:08 pm

Personally Phil, i can't think why any reasonably intelligent person would want to be a member of Boodles other than to manipulate people with the contacts they made there.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member

#11 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:45 pm

I agree, but until the upper classes open establishments like this to all comers then they can hardly say that there is no class distinction today. Do you know I can remember the time I couldn't get into a private club on Moseley rd in Balsall Heath because I wasn't the right type. I did get in years later though and even became treasurer of the club.

Phil

phil
Last edited Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:48 pm | Top

#12 by mikejee , Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:40 pm

A Private club in Balsall Heath!! Best keep quite about that Phil

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member

#13 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:56 pm

I'll have you know it was a very respectable club, it must have been i got blackballed twice before I got in.

Phil

phil

#14 by Sheldonboy , Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:26 pm

They all lower their standards eventually

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#15 by mollymandysb , Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:18 pm

not been on line for a couple of days looking after grandchild and christmas shopping. i think the problem lies with the working classes they dont want to fight politcally for anything, they aspire to be like towie people and think they can get things by not working and dodging this and that.

i dont know if it is possible to do the job of mp and local councillor effectively at the same time, but we ll see. do not have much faith in the local political parties tho.

as you can see i cant sleep.

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Lets all be glad we don't live in Egypt then

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor