I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: Save the Rainforest

#2 by Voltman , Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:19 am

Over the top it may be but IF they are encouraging the illegal felling of trees then they have to be stopped.
Looks more like the boss has upset the establishment and they are looking for some way to get at him.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#3 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:11 pm

There's a better guitar MARTIN.

signman

#4 by handlebar , Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:02 am

All sounds a bit silly. What surprised me was the thought that Gibson was producing 700 guitars a day. Who's buying all these instruments? It's not a kitchen operation by any means. The world seems full of stupid people who must have their say. My daughter in Spain told me she bought a return ticket to Villenover (it sounds like that but the spellings wrong!!) She made the outward journey and the return, but on exiting the station the guards were checking tickets. Clare was detained because at the start of the return she hadn't got it validated (machine punched) The gates were open, she was in a rush and ran straight through. She explained that the ticket was current and used as required. The guards detained her and called the police who obviously had more sense than the guards and let her go. Oh well, there's as many idiots in Spain as there are in America (not to mention the U.K.).

handlebar  
handlebar
Date registered 06.01.2011

#5 by mikejee , Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:13 am

The whole thing really rests on whether the wood was illegally obtained. If it was genuinley sustainablle logged then it is government pernickettiness. however his statement that there is "no suggestion that the Indian wood was cut illegally," based on just paperwork could be very dubious if the paperwrork was from india. India is not half as corrupt as Pakistan , but dubious paperwork is used all the time - look at all the arms shipments that mysteriously get from the UK to regimes we disagree with

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Bonfire night

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor