Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Electoral Registers

#1 by mollymandysb , Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:35 pm

Hi everyone, again can I say thanks to everyone for their help and providing this site - so much friendlier than other forums, so I am conscious of trying not to be a nuisance.

Are the electoral registers on line or do I have to go to the library to research these?

Thanks to Sheldon Boy for his help, yes, i now know where the new library is being built.

molly

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

Last edited 10.14.2011 | Top

RE: electoral registers

#2 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:12 am

Molly

Don't worry about being a nuisance, all the other nuisances don't worry about it. I'll leave Mikejee to answer your question as he knows more about this sort of thing than I ever will.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#3 by mikejee , Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:48 am

Molly
Some electoral rolls are online for birmingham. They are , at present 1912,1920,1922,1925,1927,1930,1935,1939,1945,1950 and 1955, together with the forces registers of those not at home for 1918. This only covers Birmingham, not solihul, westBromiwch or sutton. They are at http://www.midlandshistoricaldata.org. It is possible to buy a subscription that allows unlimitted access, but I reckon credits are OK for most people. You can buy them in £5 lots (which you can also use to access other documents. on the site), Having said that, if you have credits in your account, then you can search for a name or address and get ananswer without having credits deducted. You only have credits deducted if you want to see the document. I will try and make it clearer. If you have credits you can seasrch for Phil Birmingham , and all the addresses of the Phil birminghams will comeup, and you will not be charged. Having got the Phil Birmingham you think is the one you want at , say 3 Millionaires Row, Balsall Heath, you can also then search for the address 3 millionaires Row, and this will give you the people registyered there. you won't be charged for this. If , however you want to see the actual listing (to find out where court 5 of Millionaires Row is in relationship to no3, then you will be charged one credit for each page looked at.
One slight problem is thta the search relies on computor character recognition, and this can go wrong , so sometimes it is advisable to look at the actual page to check the computer has read it properly. But , on th ewhole it is a very reasonable service, as i am sure you will agree (if my explanation is not too complicated that is !!)
M

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#4 by mikejee , Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:42 pm

Molly
Two things I forgot to mention,the credits last for 6 months. also the search system does not accept abbreviations ie STREET, not ST, ROAD, not RD.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Erdington Tithe Schedules & Maps

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor