Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OH NO-The Taste Adgenda

#16 by Sheldonboy , Fri May 27, 2011 7:52 pm

I love Worcester Sauce, especially in Soups and Stews.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#17 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri May 27, 2011 7:57 pm

There are certain things I could not eat without Worcester sauce, I always have my steak seasoned with Worcester sauce and black pepper, and I certainly couldn't drink a Bloody Mary without it. Mind you I can't eat baked beans without brown sauce either.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#18 by Sheldonboy , Fri May 27, 2011 8:02 pm

Well done Phil. There is also another nice sauce in the same vain. But as I remember a little milder. "Yorkshire Relish".

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#19 by Voltman , Sat May 28, 2011 11:13 am

Posted by Sheldonboy
Volty did anyone (apart from me) tell you that you are intolerant. (Of everything).

No SB they haven't.

Phil, I always lightly brown my thick steaks in a frying pan before bunging in a very hot oven for 12 minutes.
This gives me time to deglaze the pan with a little red wine followed by at least a gravy boat full of water and a handfull of gravy granules.
Black pepper, herbs, a splash of vinegar, juice from the steak oventray and lots of rapid reducing produces a very tasty sauce.
No need for ruining your tasty steak with any overpowing L&P.
VM

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 05.28.2011 | Top

#20 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat May 28, 2011 11:35 am

Sorry Volty, I could never ruin a steak by putting it in the oven. There are only two ways to cook a steak and that is fry it it grill it. That comes from someone who used to eat steak seven nights a week and still eats it at least 3 times a week even though I'm not supposed to. The wife knows that she can stop me smoking, she can stop me drinking but she will never stop me having my steak.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#21 by Sheldonboy , Sat May 28, 2011 4:48 pm

Phil did you ever use the Sandiego Steak Bar in the Swan at Yardley. ?

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#22 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat May 28, 2011 6:58 pm

SB

No I never did, though I had a couple of meals in the function room, to be honest I didn't think much of them. Though I've always said you can't expect too much at these function meals when they are preparing hundreds of meals at a time. Its like all these places like The Night Out, La Dolce Vita and The Cresta it wasn't the meal that was important it was the entertainment.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#23 by David Groves ( deleted ) , Sat May 28, 2011 7:12 pm

Steaks, Steaks. What's all this talk of steaks. All I get thrown at me these days is mistakes. Is there more money up your way or is Tesco running a buy seven and get six free?

David Groves

#24 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun May 29, 2011 6:18 am

Morning David and you others.
I love Worcester sauce on anything, Volty is right the new type cap is so frustrating.
Phil, there's a butcher in Burgess Hill that does the most brilliant peppered rib eye you've ever tasted, it only needs 2 minutes each side under the grill and the knife just sails through it, delicious, I buy a dozen at a time whenever I go up there.

signman

#25 by Voltman , Sun May 29, 2011 12:49 pm

Posted by phil
Sorry Volty, I could never ruin a steak by putting it in the oven. There are only two ways to cook a steak and that is fry it it grill it. That comes from someone who used to eat steak seven nights a week and still eats it at least 3 times a week even though I'm not supposed to. The wife knows that she can stop me smoking, she can stop me drinking but she will never stop me having my steak.

Phil

No class.
My steaks are too thick to grill or fry without burning the outside while trying to get the middle hot, more like small joints.

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 05.29.2011 | Top

#26 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun May 29, 2011 2:36 pm

Volty

Thats just the point, if you overcook a steak it makes it flavourless like cooking it in an oven would. I few seconds either side simmering in a hot pan is all it needs.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#27 by Deleted User , Sun May 29, 2011 8:46 pm

I love a well cooked steak,in fact we are having one this evening.I have already had soup and pavlova so me tummy will be well expanded LOL

Went to the car boot this morning and bought some great plants from one chap,much cheaper than the bloke who comes to the local market.He charges Garden centre prices.

#28 by Sheldonboy , Sun May 29, 2011 9:31 pm

Posted by denise
I love a well cooked steak,in fact we are having one this evening.I have already had soup and pavlova so me tummy will be well expanded LOL

Went to the car boot this morning and bought some great plants from one chap,much cheaper than the bloke who comes to the local market.He charges Garden centre prices.

A nice Steak sounds very nice, Enjoy Denise.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#29 by David Groves ( deleted ) , Sun May 29, 2011 9:41 pm

All this talk of steaks is making juices well up in my mouth. I'm actually on a diet at the moment and have lost a stone so some things will have to just stay in the memory for the time being although in actual fact there's nothing to stop me indulging.

David Groves

#30 by Deleted User , Sun May 29, 2011 10:09 pm

Try as I may I have never really enjoyed healthy eating LOL but I do love home grown veg .

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Walsall Earthquake

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor