Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Walsall Earthquake

#16 by Sheldonboy , Mon May 23, 2011 9:22 pm

Posted by handlebar
He's pulled you in as well has he. He's got tentacles like an octopus. Just read the earthquake headlines to my wife who's absolutely in stitches. I did hear they're going to put a one minute humour spot in Eastenders. They're inserting it at the end in case it overcomes viewers and they miss the rest of the gloom. Can I put your name forward? Writing of such calibre deserves a reward

I must say that isn't my original work (probably obvious).

As for writing for Eastenders, you would have to be given a couple of Valium, a canister of Nitrous Oxide (laughing Gas) and a years back issues worth of the Beano just to lift the depression.
Dot cotton is an everlasting Misery Machine. Ian Beale is very believable Businessman. His next venture is a Matrimonial advice service run from the back of Kathy's Cafe. Phil Mitchell is brilliant as a hardman, he is looking more like an eighty year old Charlie Chaplin every day. Pat I see is still on the game, these days though she has to dig her own customers up.
The VIc is a marvellous pub. You can be bankrupt, dying, a manic depressive and still get in the queue to own it. None of the houses in Albert Square have kitchens that's why everyone takes their washing to the Lauderette, which is usually shut while one of the staff has a good cry. Everyone eats in the Cafe and usually ends up with a smack in the mouth, food poisoning or their breakfast thrown at them by phsychopathic staff who have just had the sack for winding Ian Beast up. you see plenty of cars in Albert Square but they can't go anywhere because of the market stalls in the middle of the road.
The Pub, The Club, The Boxing Club and the Asian Restaurant All take it in turns to be busy because they only have the same customers in them.
I am still trying to work out why everyone goes UPSTAIRS to get to the Underground Trains at the Station. The only people who use the Beauty Parlour all go in with their faces made up, is this to save time inside?
Or am I being unkind to this masterpiece of British Drama which has won many awards, the only ones it hasn't won are for comedy, I can't understand why. SB ( this was my own work)

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Last edited 05.23.2011 | Top

#17 by Voltman , Mon May 23, 2011 9:24 pm

I have to ask SB, do you watch it?

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#18 by Sheldonboy , Mon May 23, 2011 9:32 pm

The wife and son watch it, if you look at my post timings I am always on here when it's on. I have always thought it was a diabolical waste of my licence money.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#19 by Voltman , Mon May 23, 2011 9:35 pm

I find that if I get to see it once a year I am as up to date with it as someone who watches it every night, same stories over and over, just the odd face changes, and what odd faces they are.

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Last edited 05.23.2011 | Top

#20 by Sheldonboy , Mon May 23, 2011 9:39 pm

Yep they were modelled from their spitting images and Muppets.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#21 by mikejee , Mon May 23, 2011 11:12 pm

Posted by Voltman
I find that if I get to see it once a year I am as up to date with it as someone who watches it every night, same stories over and over, just the odd face changes, and what odd faces they are.

Posted by Sheldonboy
I have always thought it was a diabolical waste of my licence money.

We are talking about football are we ?
Incidently I saw a clip from an old film ( about 50 years old) a while ago, and suddenly heard a voice i recognised. It was Dot Cotton (well her alter ego) . instantly recognisable voice even then. Not quite so recognisable to look at though - she had a mini skirt on.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#22 by Voltman , Tue May 24, 2011 9:20 am

Football, Eastenders, Coronation Street, etc etc. All Twerp Amazers

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#23 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue May 24, 2011 11:17 am

Posted by mikejee

Incidently I saw a clip from an old film ( about 50 years old) a while ago, and suddenly heard a voice i recognised. It was Dot Cotton (well her alter ego) . instantly recognisable voice even then. Not quite so recognisable to look at though - she had a mini skirt on.

Mike

Are you talking about the film based on the Seeney family from Balsall Heath. The one that they transposed to London and made them a into a cockney family with Jack Wild as Reggie. It comes to something when the South gets jealous of our poverty and misery and has to claim it as their own. I haven't been able to watch more than the opening credits because it makes me sick. I suppose it was done so they didn't have share any of the profits with the book writer.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#24 by mikejee , Tue May 24, 2011 11:47 am

Yes I think that was the one Phil.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#25 by David Groves ( deleted ) , Sat May 28, 2011 7:30 pm

You've solved a puzzle. I'd always believed it was in Middlesex.

David Groves

#26 by David Groves ( deleted ) , Sat May 28, 2011 8:15 pm

Folks, please ignore the above comment. I'm beginning to think my laptop was made in an institution for the impossible. it's just posted the same message in two different forums. Now I think about it that has possibilities!!!

David Groves

#27 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat May 28, 2011 9:15 pm

David

Have you made an error and re-registered, because you now have two user names, one as handlebar & one as David Groves. You are only allowed to have one user name for each email address and IP address. I will have to delete one, which one would you prefer I delete.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#28 by David Groves ( deleted ) , Sun May 29, 2011 9:45 pm

Phil, please remove David Groves. For some unknown reason I couldn't get on to the forum without re-registering and the name came up as david groves and not handlebar. Please do the necessary. Thanks

David Groves

#29 by Sheldonboy , Mon May 30, 2011 8:45 am

Posted by
Phil, please remove David Groves. For some unknown reason I couldn't get on to the forum without re-registering and the name came up as david groves and not handlebar. Please do the necessary. Thanks

David Phil is a very good Hit Man, he has little trouble Removing People. It comes from a misspent youth.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
No cookies

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor