Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

British released from Libya.

#1 by Sheldonboy , Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:35 pm

I never thought these people would get off so lightly.

Libya unrest: UK diplomatic team released by rebels

The British team left Benghazi on board the Royal Navy frigate, HMS Cumberland

A British diplomatic team, including six soldiers believed to be SAS, have been freed two days after being detained in eastern Libya.The men are understood to have left Benghazi bound for Malta on board the Royal Navy frigate HMS Cumberland.
It is thought the special forces soldiers were with a diplomat who was making contact with opposition leaders.
Witnesses said the men were detained by rebels after arriving near Benghazi in a helicopter early on Friday morning.
They were held after going to an agricultural compound when Libyan security guards found they were carrying arms, ammunition, explosives, maps and passports from at least four different nationalities.
The witnesses said the men had denied they were carrying weapons.
In a statement on Sunday, Foreign Secretary William Hague said the team, part of efforts to make contact with opposition leaders amid the unrest in Libya, had "experienced difficulties, which have now been satisfactorily resolved".

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: British released from Libya.

#2 by Voltman , Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:36 pm

It sounded to me as if they had been detained by the very people they had gone looking for. Are Opposition and Rebel not the same team?

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#3 by Sheldonboy , Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:56 pm

Posted by Voltman
It sounded to me as if they had been detained by the very people they had gone looking for. Are Opposition and Rebel not the same team?

Yes opposition and rebel are both against Gadaffi but are hardly a team unfortunatley although they are all very brave and determined they lack leadership and co-ordination.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#4 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:07 pm

According to the radio news today he was pulling out all the stops and his army was using their full military power against them today.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5 by Sheldonboy , Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:11 pm

Posted by phil
According to the radio news today he was pulling out all the stops and his army was using their full military power against them today.

Phil

you are right Phil that madman will stop at nothing.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#6 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:29 pm

As mad as he may be, it was alright for the British Government to let him have whatever he wanted as long as he sold us his oil.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Birmingham top of the League

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor