Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Birmingham top of the League

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:11 pm

BIRMINGHAM has topped a national league of shame for having the most young people claiming incapacity benefit in the country.

Around 1,770 people aged between 18 to 24 in the city, are drawing the benefit, claiming they are too sick to work, according to figures released by the Department for Work and Pensions.

A total of 86,000 young Britons are on incapacity benefit, contradicting the view that claimants are mostly older workers.

Glasgow came second with 1,150 claimants, Manchester in third place with 1,090, County Durham in fourth position with 990 claimants and Liverpool in fifth place with 980 claimants.
Edinburgh came in last place with 740 young people on the benefit.

The government also revealed that almost 65,000 young people have been signed off work and claiming incapacity benefit for up to five years.

The study found 20,000 have been claiming for more than five years.
This story is in todays Birmingham Mail, I'm not disputing the figures in any way though I am a bit suspicious that there is nowhere in the report that London gets a mention. I just cannot believe that a conurbation as large as London does not get a mention at all, not even in last place. Does this mean that no young people at all are claiming incapacity benefit down south or is this just another attempt to ridicule the idle north?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: Birmingham top of the League

#2 by Voltman , Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:33 pm

Idleitis isn't really a sickness is it?

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:38 pm

No but I think London slagging off the north is.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4 by Sheldonboy , Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:38 pm

Posted by Voltman
Idleitis isn't really a sickness is it?

No Volty it just makes the rest of us sick.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Brotherly Advice

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor