Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

School Uniform Row

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:06 pm

I see another story in the paper today about a Solihull school sending 54 pupils home yesterday for nor wearing the correct uniform. While I agree that pupils should wear a school uniform as it saves poorer pupils being ridiculed because their parents can’t afford the latest designer gear. The problem is that you still get pupils trying to flout the rules by interpreting the dress code. Such as the one on the paper who says she cannot afford different shoes to the £70 trainers her son wore to school. She didn’t like being told she could have gone to Asda and bought a pair of acceptable shoes for less than a tenner.

I will say from experience with Solihull schools that they can be sticklers over uniforms and the only thing I never liked was the fact that they could only be purchased from certain shops because they had to have the school logo embossed into all parts of it, even the PT kit. I tried when purchasing it at various times to find out if the schools got a kick back from the suppliers, but no one would ever say. The thing is you could always buy the same article elsewhere for less than half the price.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: School Uniform Row

#2 by mikejee , Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:37 pm

I think in most cases it was/is the school head teached who got a kickback from the shop.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Whos in Charge?

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor