Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Whos in Charge?

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:05 am

I see some of the newspapers are asking "Is there anybody in charge?" after looking at the botched up way our citizens are being rescued from Libya. What has happened to this country we used to be so organised?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: Whos in Charge?

#2 by mikejee , Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:20 am

But Phil, No Royalty , politicians or bankers were in Libya at the time, so you wouldn't expect this government to be very bothered

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

RE: Who's in Charge?

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:31 am

Mike

If I am honest, I couldn't care much about anybody who is out there apart from Diplomats and their families and others who are ordered out there, but those who are out there feathering their own nests can make their own way back as far as I am concerned. Its always the same they are out there making fortunes but at the slightest sign of trouble its us who has to pay. The point I was trying to make was more about how no longer can this country organise the proverbial drinking party in a brewery and what a mess this government is making of things. I think the boy Billy Haig has got to go.

Make Love, Not War

phil
Last edited Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:42 pm | Top

#4 by mikejee , Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:24 pm

I wouldn't argue with most of what you say, but would argue with "no longer can this country organise". This country is perfectly CAPABLE of doing something (as did Italy, netherlands, Poland), but lacks competant (even partly competant) leadership.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member

#5 by Deleted User , Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:18 pm

Our country have let these people down badly.

#6 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:57 pm

Denise

I agree with you our country has let some of these people down badly, others who are there for purely financial gain I think should sort themselves out. They go to these countries on the whole so they can make fortunes without paying the full tax in the UK and at the first sign of trouble the scream for the UK to get them out of trouble. As I have said before all those who have been ordered there then these are the one who we should get out first, the others can take second place.

Mike

I also agree with you that we have some very competent people who could sort the whole mess out in no time, but they know that they would be treading on the toes of idiots like Cameron. Haig and Clegg who want to be able to sit back and take all the kudos for any successes. Also don't forget Cameron has got to find someone to pick his war on.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#7 by Sheldonboy , Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:50 pm

I agree with most points made so far on this subject. any British subjects should get all possible help. It should also be remembered that the oil workers are on very good money. The oil company's are worth very large fortunes. One thing that these Eastern Dictators understand is money. These rich companies should have contingencies to safely extract their staff. This is hardly a new situation. SB

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#8 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:37 am

Here we go, it looks like David Cameron has chosen his war. He has stated that "we do not in any way rule out the use if military assets, we must not tolerate this regime using military force against its own people". I've got a piece of advice for David Cameron "Mind your own business and keep our lads out of there"

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#9 by mikejee , Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:54 pm

He definitely seems to be taking on the cloak of Blair

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member

#10 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:27 pm

Its always easy to talk war if you are not going near the front yourself. This has always been the trouble with politicians.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#11 by Sheldonboy , Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:14 pm

Considering the cuts and considering the war zones, all we have to do is put one Soldier in every country and just tell the world that they are saved. They will be so grateful. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#12 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:19 pm

SB

Taking into account the cuts, it's doubtful if we will have enough army to put a soldier in each country soon. Don't forget there care nearly 200 countries.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#13 by Sheldonboy , Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:47 pm

You are right Phil, we'll have to use the TA.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
I was right

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor