Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Local Chippy's to be Banned

#16 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:20 pm

Denise

If I had my way, I would close all McDonald's tomorrow or prosecute them for obtaining money under false pretences. How can they claim the rubbish they sell is food.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#17 by Voltman , Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:03 am

The american food outlet may not serve our idea of food but it is very cheap pricewise and cheap will win every time. The great British public are largely undiscerning about all but money.
The notion that closing chip shops will stop greedy people from killing themselves is the unconsidered thought of a six year old.

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#18 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:42 am

Volty

How can the cost of a big Mac & fries ( I understand you can't buy fries on their own) be compared to a bag of chips. A bag of fries cost the same as a bag of chips and are not a tenth the size also they are made from some sort of reconstituted powder that is not even wholly potato.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#19 by mikejee , Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:19 pm

I think I am in almost complete agreement with you Phil, but have read somewhere that Macdonalds now do use real potatoes. Wouldn't know for certain as have never had any brainstorm bad enough to make me try them
mike

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#20 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:57 pm

Mike I don't know if I told you that I walked around York all day once with the wife and a tribe of Grandchildren looking for somewhere to eat, apart from fast food joints at that time the only alternative were posh restaurants which I wasn't going to chance with the kids. So I was talked into trying MacDonald's. On advice from the kids I had a Big Mac, I took one bite and spat it back out. I threw the rest in the bin and managed with the coffee so I had nothing all day until we got back to Scarborough where we were staying. Needless to say I have never sampled any of their food since.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#21 by mikejee , Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:44 pm

Have had the coffee - Ugh

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#22 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:21 pm

Mike

The only think I could say good about the coffee was "it was hot, perhaps too hot"

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Brum pays the rent for Londoners.

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor