Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Your kids can't come in if you are British

#16 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:12 pm

On reading back it was SB that I was agreeing with, not that I don't agree with Bernie, well most of the time.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#17 by Sheldonboy , Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:52 pm

Agreeing with me Phil, have you been on the funny fags?

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#18 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:09 am

Regretfully I haven't been on any fags at all, not that I would accept either he says (in case the wife is watching). I think it is about five years now since I gave up smoking, but I could light one up now. I just hope that when I shuffle off this mortal coil it is quick, because if I am forewarned I will drink and smoke like the proverbial trooper in the time I have left.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#19 by Sheldonboy , Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:00 am

Just imagine if we had prior knowledge of when our time is up, we would probably all go off the rails. at the same time it wouldn't be a good idea the wife would just keep you on a closer lead.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#20 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:18 pm

When my uncle "Ben" died he was riddled with cancer. I grew up with Ben and he was a week younger than me, he was more like a brother than my own brothers. I went and saw him at his house it was obvious to me or anybody that he had only got weeks to live. What I don't understand is, Ben had been a smoker all his life from the age of about 12 and because he was dying with cancer with no hope of recovery no one would let him have a cigarette. He asked me for one and I had to lie to him and say that I didn't smoke because my other uncles wife thought it best that Ben didn't smoke. If it hadn't been for the fact it would have caused a family argument I would have give him as many as he wanted. We argued about it in the kitchen and she wouldn't admit that the state he was in nothing could harm him.

The same as when my father was dying in hospital with lung cancer, he had got over the fact that he couldn't have a cigarette at one time he must have smoked a 100 Players a day, but I asked him if there was anything he wanted and he said he wouldn't mind a tot of whisky. I thought I had better ask permission first, so I asked the nurse in charge and quite snottily she said "well that won't do him any good will it". To which I replied "well it won't do him any harm will it? Considering he will most likely be dead next week". She countered with "Who told you that" and I replied "his doctor, only because I demanded to know, you lot in here will tell nobody nothing"

She grudgingly gave me permission to bring a bottle in for him, but no matter because before I could bring it in the next day I had a call to say that he was dying and by the time I got there he was dead. They couldn't even get that right, because if I had of known that his death was imminent I would have remained there.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil
Last edited Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:10 pm | Top

#21 by Sheldonboy , Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:10 pm

Phil someone's Deathbed is a hard and trying time. There is usually nothing that you can say or do to help the situation. having a rant and rave makes you feel as though you have done something. death always comes as a shock even when it's expected. Some people find it hard to deal with, some people seem to cope well but suffer below the surface. I have been in the situation too many times, I cope well usually but have it on my mind for quite a while.
My mother died of Cancer, as did two of my sisters. Not a situation I want to see again anytime soon.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Every six seconds

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor