Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Every six seconds

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:29 pm

Every 6 second a child dies of hunger in this world. The world produces enough food to feed everyone in it twice over. So why are they starving ? Has it anything to do with those who speculate in the futures market?

President Obama brought out a bill which will help curtail this sort of speculation in the US it won't stop it in the rest of the world. Speculators and stockbrokers spent $10 Billion trying to block this bill. What does that tell you?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: Every six seconds

#2 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:41 pm

The reason for Starvation,
Is the same as the reason for Curable Diseases running riot,
The same as the reason for War suffering.

MONEY MONEY MONEY

Money means POWER and absolutely nothing else.

That is why trade is worldwide.
Politics is world wide.
Suffering is worldwide.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:34 pm

I listened to a radio programme the other day about this, somebody representing the speculators said Obama was wasting his time because if he manges to stop all futures speculation of foodstuffs on the US stock exchange they will just transfer to London or Europe.

The excuses that were trotted out for this type of trading were unbelievable the most fantastic being that futures trading helped the food producers such as farmers get a fair price. Perhaps they should tell that to the farmers who can't even recoup their outgoings on their produce.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4 by mikejee , Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:56 pm

Futures markets started off, 40 or more years ago, as a reasonable institution. They were a sort of insurance policy to ensure that factories could know what they would have to pay for raw materials over the next year. However then the
financial manipulators took them over, and , instead of the futures price having anything to do with the amount available, it depended on crooked manipulation.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#5 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:38 am

I will admit to knowing very little about this type of speculation or about Obama himself. I just think he is on the right lines, we are never going to stop global strife in this world until we eliminate world hunger and poverty.

The mere thought of all the food mountains we had in the EU (do we still have them?) just to drive prices up whilst people in the third world were starving used to make me sick.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#6 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:15 pm

Posted by phil
I will admit to knowing very little about this type of speculation or about Obama himself. I just think he is on the right lines, we are never going to stop global strife in this world until we eliminate world hunger and poverty.

The mere thought of all the food mountains we had in the EU (do we still have them?) just to drive prices up whilst people in the third world were starving used to make me sick.

Phil

Eliminating World Hunger and poverty is a wonderful Idea. As so much money is involved in the wrong hands you would have more chance of stopping all wars. (which makes even more money).

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#7 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:45 pm

SB

The same as yourself I know very little about Obama, in fact I probably know even less about American politics. Mainly because I think it is a bigger mess than here and the mighty dollar has all the say.

But I listened to what Obama was trying to do on a radio programme and about how much money was being spent trying to stop him. I thought if big money is trying to stop him, then he must be doing something right. The only thing that he admits if he manages to stop this sort of trading on the US stock market it will only move to Europe who have no plans to end it. Unlike parts of Asia and China.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Goodbye NHS

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor