Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Hi Everyone

#1 by sheldon tony , Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:28 pm

Just joined this forum after looking through it and noticing there are lots of interesting pics. I come originally from Garretts Green, went to cocksut hill, blakenhale and the comp.

sheldon tony  
sheldon tony
Date registered 01.20.2017

Last edited 02.03.2017 | Top

RE: Hi everyone

#2 by sheldon tony , Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:03 pm

Bit more information; anyone remember please say hello

worked for GPO 1964 for a couple of years, then Sanaco Computer Services, Southalls - alum rock until 1980. Then RCA records, west brom.

Lived in Patrick rd, yardley then moved to Knowle , now Costa Blanca - Spain.

sheldon tony  
sheldon tony

#3 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:07 pm

Quote: sheldon tony wrote in post #1
Just joined this forum after looking through it and noticing there are lots of interesting pics. I come originally from Garretts Green, went to cocksut hill, blakenhale and the comp.

Hello Tony, welcome to our illustrious little forum. It's always nice to see a new member. I also went to Blakenhale School which is now called The Oasis Academy, my secondary School was Cockshut Hill, how did you manage to get to the Comp as well? did you escape from one or the other. What years were you at Blakenhale then pal?

The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#4 by astwood , Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:09 pm

Hello sheldon tony welcome to the forum mate

astwood  
astwood
Date registered 02.28.2012

#5 by sheldon tony , Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:00 pm

Hi sheldon boy, maybe our paths have crossed. I went to Cockshut for infants and two years juniors. It then became seniors only. I moved to blakenhale for 2 years and then the comp. Went to comp around 1959 to 1964.

sheldon tony  
sheldon tony

Last edited 01.23.2017 | Top

#6 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:15 pm

Quote: sheldon tony wrote in post #5
Hi sheldon boy, maybe our paths have crossed. I went to Cockshut for infants and two years juniors. It then became seniors only. I moved to blakenhale for 2 years and then the comp. Went to comp around 1959 to 1964.

What years were you at Blakenhale and can you remember your teachers Tony. I went to Cockshut Hill Seniors. Or to give it it's full title Cockshut Hill Secondary Modern School for boys. As with most others it's an Academy now. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#7 by Slow Jo , Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:29 pm

Hi Sheldon tony ,I was the other side of town ,born and raised in handsworth ,went to St Michaels school ,then rookery road .Left brum moved to telford in 1974 , still there now ,welcome to our forum .

Slow Jo  
Slow Jo
Date registered 07.31.2013

#8 by sheldon tony , Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:40 am

Hello sheldonboy, I cant remember many teachers except Mr Permaine. Passed my 11 plus there. Where in Sheldon are you from.

sheldon tony  
sheldon tony

#9 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:26 pm

Quote: sheldon tony wrote in post #8
Hello sheldonboy, I cant remember many teachers except Mr Permaine. Passed my 11 plus there. Where in Sheldon are you from.

I used to live in Outmore Rd opposite Blakenhale School, I have lived in the Garretts Green area most of my life. I'm still in the area now. I remember Mr Permaine, Mr Williams, Mr Davis, Miss Chant who got married but I can't remember what her married name was. The Headmaster was Mr Hardingham.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#10 by sheldon tony , Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:53 pm

Thanks sheldon boy, memories come back, I remember those teachers now. Whats the area around there like nowadays? I live in Spain, been here 6 years and not been back to Sheldon for over 10 years. Usually warm here but coldest winter I have known, woke up last wednesday to snow, first since the 1920's. Strange to see beach covered white.

sheldon tony  
sheldon tony

#11 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:34 pm

Quote: sheldon tony wrote in post #10
Thanks sheldon boy, memories come back, I remember those teachers now. Whats the area around there like nowadays? I live in Spain, been here 6 years and not been back to Sheldon for over 10 years. Usually warm here but coldest winter I have known, woke up last wednesday to snow, first since the 1920's. Strange to see beach covered white.

Spain eh, lucky you. It's been pretty cold here lately but it is January. We have only had a dusting of snow once it disappeared very quickly.
Well what's the area like? The Chestnut Tree pub {I was Head Barman there for a few years} has gone, houses on the site now. Garretts Green College has gone, houses on the site now and pretty soon the Police station will be closing and no doubt the land will go for housing. All kids of services are disappearing, I don't now how long people will stand it but something will happen one day. I don't know what or when.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#12 by sheldon tony , Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:49 pm

I try and keep up with the news about Garretts Green but hadn't picked up about the cop shop going. The character of the area must have really changed. I remember the old chestnuts, just a wooden building.

sheldon tony  
sheldon tony

#13 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:36 pm

Quote: sheldon tony wrote in post #12
I try and keep up with the news about Garretts Green but hadn't picked up about the cop shop going. The character of the area must have really changed. I remember the old chestnuts, just a wooden building.

Aye it was The new Chestnut Tree was built in 1964 opened in 65 I think.
Now that you are one of us (God help you) I suggest you may use the open all hours thread. It's where most of the Chat goes on pal.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#14 by sheldon tony , Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:39 pm

thanks. Is there anyone on here to answer WORLD WAR 1 queries do you know?

sheldon tony  
sheldon tony

#15 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:46 pm

Quote: sheldon tony wrote in post #14
thanks. Is there anyone on here to answer WORLD WAR 1 queries do you know?

As I suggested try using the open all hours thread, more people read it. What is your query Tony.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Hello

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor