Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Oil Filled Radiator

#1 by Deleted User , Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:23 pm

Bought a brand new OFR from an ebay shop with good feedback........it lasted a couple of weeks and then went cold,changed the fuse and not that.Tried it in other plugs,not that.

Anyway the guy sent me a replacement,put it on last night for a short time and ok put irt on tonight and it warmed up well but when I went back in the room it was stone cold.really fed up,have emailed him asking for a refund.

What could be wrong with them ??

Last edited Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:11 pm | Top

RE: OIL FILLED RADIATOR

#2 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:09 pm

Denise

It sounds like something right up Volty's street. The trouble is when you want a sparks you can never find one.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#3 by signman ( deleted ) , Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:33 am

Most have a thermal fuse, it's that which has gone ,but the heating element may also have failed,as well as the thermostat, IT'S JUNK, GET YOUR MONEY BACK.

signman

#4 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:56 am

John

I don't know if you have ever dealt with some of the cowboys on ebay but that is often easier said than done.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5 by Voltman , Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:45 pm

I wouldn't buy modern electrical stuff from ebay because all the approved gear has proper sales channels with recommended retail prices.
If you can buy it cheaper it isn't going to be legitimate. In the case of the heaters they are probably unbelievably cheap Chinese or Italian junk, neither country can turn out safe electrical heating appliances. Argos may be the best place for such things, a local supplier with good prices and enforceable warranty. I now prefer Amazon, a very honorable supplier.

“I am a man of simple tastes, only the best will do“
Oscar Wilde 16 October 1854 – 30 November 1900
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#6 by Deleted User , Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:46 pm

To be fair he did send a new one the following day and he sells thousands of items with good feedback.

Will see how round 2 goes.

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
When I met someone famous

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor