Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Open All Hours

#76 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:57 pm

Must say just had good service from comet. New laptop had a problem exchanged in ten minutes no arguing.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#77 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:29 pm

I had a bit of a embarrassing moment yesterday, over the new year out main television in the living room decided to pack up. Its been a good television that we have had for years and it was huge. Something like a 40 inch screen, but being analog it weighed a ton. I had great difficulty in getting it loaded and down to the tip. That being done I went out yesterday and bought a new one 32 inch 1080p HD LCD whatever that means.

I came home and fitted it up in the living room, connected it to the cable box via a scart lead and switched on. Nothing except a notice saying "no signal" after messing about with it for about an hour and still got nothing. So I got on the phone to the son and explained what had happened. After a half hour lecture on buying electrical appliances without his being there he said he would be down shortly.

Within the hour he walked through the front door and went straight into the living room, he picked up the remote control and ran down the menu pressed a button and hey presto it was on and fully functioning. He explained as we were connected direct by cable we would not receive a signal because we have no Ariel. We should have pressed the connected by scart option. After another lecture he grudgingly said that it was a good set and said that it was a good buy.

How is it that we are now the naughty child that has to be told off and taught things by our children?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#78 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:16 pm

Sign of the times Phil, I asked a young man (23 ish) for a length of 2x1 timber, he said he didn't understand and what was it in mm., I told him 50x25 and he smiled and said no problem, we can convert , young uns can't.

signman

#79 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:24 pm

Can' see the point of this what do you reckon VM.

Dear Mr J Knight,

Travel in comfort, surrounded by all your favourite gadgets, with the 75W Power Inverter, which converts car battery power to AC and powers a huge range of electronic gadgets from your car’s cigarette lighter. Ideal to charge all your new gadgets from Christmas. Get yours for the special introductory price and save 33%!

Use your favourite gadgets in the car!

The Power Inverter is a fantastic and simple way to use all the gadgets you've got over Christmas. By converting DC power from your car battery into AC, you can power any electronic gadgets with a power consumption of less than 75W, and thanks to its standard 3-pin UK plug on the front, there’s no need to buy additional adapters or chargers.

Simply plug the Power Inverter into your vehicle’s cigarette lighter socket and plug your electrically-powered gadgets into the inverter. This clever device comes with multiple safety features, including short circuit and overload protection, and is ideal for anyone who wants to bring the comforts of home into the car.

Click to order today and receive free delivery

Huge compatibility!

The Power Inverter works with a huge range of gadgets, including notebooks, mobile phones, razors, digital cameras, digital videos, TVs, CD and DVD players, portable gaming devices, chargers, electric lights and loads more. Plus, because the Power Inverter also has a USB socket, you can power even more gadgets from this amazing device.

This is ideal for taking all your gadgets with you, wherever you go. If you travel to see friends and family, you'll most definitely want to take all your new Christmas gadgets with you!

Special offer plus free delivery*…

The 75W Power Inverter is sold online for £14.95, but for a limited time only, email subscribers like you can get one for the special price of just £9.95 all in* – that’s a 33% discount.

Devices like this usually cost £20 or more and just think about all the hassle and money you will save on buying extra chargers and adaptors – the Power Inverter is all you need!

And don’t forget, when you take advantage of this special offer today we'll also give you free delivery! And no matter how many you buy, you won't pay a penny on postage.

Click to order today and receive free delivery

Many thanks
From everyone at Gizoo

*Free delivery (UK only).
Offer code TGSWPIy100.
E&OE

Please note, this exclusive email offer is intended only for the named recipient. If you believe you are not the intended recipient of this email, please let us know by contacting us at http://www.gizoo.co.uk/Contact

Unsubscribe
We want you to receive messages that you find informative and useful. However, if you wish to unsubscribe from your aqpf91@dsl.pipex.com Gizoo email subscription, please click here, update your preferences and then click the Update Account button

Privacy
Gizoo respects your privacy and never sends unsolicited emails. We’ll also never give your email address
(aqpf91@dsl.pipex.com) to any other companies without your permission. Gizoo is a trading name of Serif (Europe) Limited

Feedback or Problems
We really value your feedback. If you have any questions about this email offer, are having difficulty opting out, or any other questions please visit http://www.gizoo.co.uk/Contact

New Customers
If you have received this email from a friend and would like to subscribe then please create a new customer account.

© 2011 Serif (Europe) Limited. E&OE
Registered Offices: The Software Centre, 12 Wilford Ind Est, Nottingham, NG11 7EP, UK.
Registered in England number 2117968.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 10.0.1191 / Virus Database: 1435/3357 - Release Date: 01/03/11

signman
Last edited Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:25 pm | Top

#80 by astoness , Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:41 pm

good afternoon all....[Big Smile]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#81 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Hello Lyn, what mischief have you been up to today.

signman

#82 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Good afternoon to you'n all

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#83 by astoness , Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:54 pm

hi john..i dont get up to mischief i usually create it...[Little LOL] went to try and buy the same coat as my daughter bought a couple of weeks back but none left..came home and got the paint for the kitchen and work will begin tomorrow...

SB..so pleased your lappy was replaced with no arguements....

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#84 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Make sure you don't put the paint on upside down.

signman

#85 by astoness , Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:09 pm

ha ha john...[Hammers]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#86 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:13 pm

That's not fair John how can she put paint on upside down?

The wrong way round now that's a different matter.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#87 by astoness , Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:47 pm

Posted by Sheldonboy
That's not fair John how can she put paint on upside down?

The wrong way round now that's a different matter.

[Hammers]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#88 by Deleted User , Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:02 pm

Hope you enjoy your new TV PHil,ours is old fashioned can't wait for it to go wrong and get a lovely modern one.

#89 by berniew , Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:34 pm

I bought a tv from Currys in Stechford late yeaterday afternoon after dithering for a few days , it was so busy when I came to leave I was stuck in my parking bay for at least 15 mins and it took me 25-30 mins to get out of the car park .

berniew  
berniew
Date registered 12.28.2009

#90 by berniew , Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:38 pm

I have just read your post P hil and I haven't set mine up yet so thats a useful tip my lad also has the same attitude it's like we've reversed rolls over the last coule of years , very frustrating

berniew  
berniew
Date registered 12.28.2009

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor