Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Birmingham's Walk of The Stars

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:27 pm

Chris Tarrant is to be honoured by having his name added to Birmingham's walk of the stars.

63 year old Tarrant who was born in Reading started his TV career in Birmingham reporting for ATV Today.

Quoted today as saying "I love the City and I have had a million laughs in Brum over many years"

He fails to say that he has made Brum the butt of many jokes over the years and has said many uncomplimentary things about the City.

I was always a fan until I heard him pulling the City apart one day.

I'm sure we can find a lot more deserving REAL Brummies that we could honour before him.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: Birmingham's Walk of The Stars

#2 by Deleted User , Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:18 am

Can't stand Tarrant........sure we have better people to honour than him.........[Frowning]

#3 by Voltman , Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:33 am

There's only one thing worse than being talked about.

Anyone informed that the universe is expanding and contracting in pulsations of eighty billion years has a right to ask, “What’s in it for me?”
Peter De Vries (b. 1910)
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#4 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:38 pm

As I say, I used to be a fan until one day I saw him being interviewed not long after starting "Who wants to be a millionaire". He was asked the seemingly stock question of all interviewers from down south " you lived in Birmingham for a while, what did you think of it"?

I won't repeat his answer, but its enough to say that he is no longer on my list of favourite celebrities.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5 by Sheldonboy , Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:11 am

Have to agree with you all, Tarrant is nothing special to Brum.

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#6 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:06 am

Posted by Voltman
There's only one thing worse than being talked about.

VM

I'd rather our city was not talked about, than slagged off by some southern idiot who made his living out of us and was glad of it then.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#7 by Deleted User , Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:20 am

Who do you think should be on the walk of stars....would be nice to see everyday people who every day do work to help others...some chance .

#8 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:32 am

My number one choice would be Percy Shurmer, Birmingham Councillor, Alderman & MP. Not born a Brummie but he certainly had the heart of one. Born in Cheltenham he lived in Birmingham (Balsall Heath) all his life from 3 years of age until his death in1959.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#9 by Deleted User , Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:38 am

Mine would be a lady,not too young herself where I used to live who every week cooked for several elderly people at a lunch club,she produced a wonderful lunch and organised a good afternoon out for them each week at the church hall.Highlight of the week for some off these people.When you think of the hard work that goes into doing this week in and week out........there are people like her all over our city.

#10 by signman ( deleted ) , Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:43 pm

Has it been put to a vote to decide who goes on there.
Tarrant would be the last person in the world I would vote for, I had a few drinks with him once in the King George iv on the Bristol Rd., he was full of himself and never stopped talking about what he was going to do next, come to think of it what has he done.

signman

#11 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:42 pm

I met him once when he had not long started Tiswas. It was at some summer fête at Woodgate Valley that he opened. He was standing around waiting to sign autographs and to be quite honest he wasn't getting many takers. The Phantom Flan Flinger was getting more attention.

As I was only there with my sister & brother in law and their kids and was at a loose end. I had quite a chat with Tarrant about fishing and other things. At that time I found him quite a likable chap and seemingly unaffected by his standing. I think as time went by his head and and conceit must have grew with his stature.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Parliament Square Peace Camp.

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor