Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Horiffic Plane crash in The French Alps

#16 by Slow Jo , Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:59 pm

The french police found a torn up sick note ,for that same day ,pity he did'nt use ,it was in his flat he rented with his girlfriend.

Slow Jo  
Slow Jo
Date registered 07.31.2013

#17 by astoness , Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:07 pm

this is such an awful tragedy to happen..could it have been avoided?? in my opinion probaby not where the pilot was concerned.. i have touched on this subject before but mental illness does not come with a sticker on your forehead..we most likely walk amonst people who are suffering from it who are taking medication and we wouldnt know....it is also very difficult to deal with if people you know have this illness and even more difficult to understand and believe it or not the closer the person is to you you very often dont even notice the changes and trust me it is very scary and even scarier visiting them and watching what was a perfectly normal person acting so very strange (i wont go into much detail)...i have in recent years had
2 close relatives who have suffered from 2 types..the one has a very complex type and the other thank god has recovered...this pilot would not have given a second thought for the innocent people he took with him..as for going out with a bang i think not..he just wanted to go...as far as i have read he was not attached to any religious cult so therefore not a brainwashed terrorist...just a very unfortunate young man...i feel so sorry for the families of those who lost their lives but i am afraid that i just cant condemn or lambast those who suffer from mental illness those that do very often do it because they just dont understand it and it must also be understood that mental illness could stike anyone one of us at any time.. and apart from that its not a very christian attitude to take...just my thoughts

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 03.28.2015 | Top

#18 by mikejee , Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:06 am

What you say is very true Lyn, but Lufthansa cannot be absolved from blame. They allowed the bloke to fly when he had had serious mental problems. I find it impossible to believe that they were not aware of it unless some criminal cover-up of his records by someone else had occurred. After all he broke his original training for some months because of stress.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#19 by astoness , Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:38 am

Quote: mikejee wrote in post #18
What you say is very true Lyn, but Lufthansa cannot be absolved from blame. They allowed the bloke to fly when he had had serious mental problems. I find it impossible to believe that they were not aware of it unless some criminal cover-up of his records by someone else had occurred. After all he broke his original training for some months because of stress.

mike i totally agree with what you say about where the blame lies....i just wanted to once again highlight that people with a mental illness should not be mocked..condemned or have flippant comments made about them....no doubt we have not heard the last of this tragedy..

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 03.29.2015 | Top

#20 by Sheldonboy , Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:14 pm

i agree with what you say Lyn in normal life people with mental problems should not be mocked or sidelined from normal society (what ever that is) but when it comes to flying aircraft and being in control of so many peoples lives , without even thinking of lives on the ground any one with known mental disorders cannot possibly be considered for taking the controls of an Aeroplane.

The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: Horiffic Plane Crash In The French Alps

#21 by Voltman , Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:27 am

It seems that the CAA and other regulatory bodies are going to agree with SB.
They hope not to leave large passenger aircraft in the sole charge of suicidal lunatics in the future.

Well, that's really nIce to know. It's right up there with putting in fuel and making sure the wings are screwed on good and tight.

The David Hey's Collection of Railway Photographs
Calendars for all years

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Last edited 04.01.2015 | Top

#22 by Voltman , Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:53 pm

Calendars for all years

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#23 by Sheldonboy , Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:36 pm

Well as long as they are sorry it's all OK.

The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#24 by Slow Jo , Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:19 pm

The second black box has been found ,and it indicates the co pilot was accelerating the plane as it was crashing.

Slow Jo  
Slow Jo
Date registered 07.31.2013

#25 by Voltman , Wed May 06, 2015 1:24 pm

Talk about being clever after the event…. they now know he practised it on the previous flight.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32604552

Calendars for all years

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor