Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: SMITH ST HOCKLEY

#31 by Voltman , Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:39 pm

Excellent job Astoness.
Thanks for the Malt Shovel pic, that will be going on file.

The David Hey's Collection of Railway Photographs
Calendars for all years

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#32 by Voltman , Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:15 pm

In light of the 1958 pic I decided to take another look at the Harford Street junction photo, also dated as 1958, in post No.3.
There is a mini car in the picture that could not have been made until 1959 at the earliest.

The David Hey's Collection of Railway Photographs
Calendars for all years

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#33 by astoness , Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:13 am

Quote: Voltman wrote in post #32
In light of the 1958 pic I decided to take another look at the Harford Street junction photo, also dated as 1958, in post No.3.
There is a mini car in the picture that could not have been made until 1959 at the earliest.

would not surprise me volty...years of collecting photos has taught me that captions on photos ie dates and very often the locations are incorrect so then we rely on eagle eyes to spot the mistakes...what annoys me the most is when the authors of books do not do their research before going to print...cant tell you how many times myself and others have spotted wrong locations..dont like that as people will take whats in a book as gospel..well spotted i shall edit post 3 taking out the iffy date...glad you liked the malt shovel photo..here is a photo of my nan (dads mom) taken outside her shop in well st as shown on post 28

PROUD BRUMMIE

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 02.19.2015 | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Erdington Cottage Homes

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor