Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: WHAT DO YOU THINK ?

#46 by Sheldonboy , Sat May 08, 2010 10:00 am

Absolutely correct phil, we desperately need some new. Blood SB

Arguing with an idiot is like teaching a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time, and it only annoys the pig!

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#47 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat May 08, 2010 10:06 am

The thing is, if each of our members could get one more member to join that would double our membership. Can I just add that if you are thinking of asking members from other forums to join then please don't do it on the open forum. If it is at all possible do it by email or PM.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#48 by Sheldonboy , Sun May 09, 2010 5:17 am

With further reference to signmans comments about threads not being returned to, he is right of course but some threads are current affairs such as news items, which of course change on a daily basis. Some of the game threads run out of steam, so we try to find new ones.
Anyone can ressurect an item from any thread if they have something to add, but i suspect a few of us just pop in to BT when they have a few minutes to spare and only have time to post a quick answer or two to something that is on the go at the time.
As Phil has pointed out we are a very small group and we would benefit from having some more members. I would of course point out that I would rather see a small forum with most of the membership posting, than have a massive membership with only a few posting. I won't name these forums you have all seen them.
What we need to ensure is that if anyone has a good idea, lets have it. Lets keep the forum fresh and the interest alive. I believe that a forum such as this is a great place to be, it can keep you up to date with news items you may have missed. Up to date with your city if you have moved away. Make new friends. To some it's a welcome relief and escape from the realities of life that you just don't want to think about.
My message again TO ALL MEMBERS is DO KNOW ANYONE who may be interested in or may benefit from joining our forum. I will remind everyone once again, IT IS YOUR FORUM. SB

Arguing with an idiot is like teaching a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time, and it only annoys the pig!

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 05.09.2010 | Top

#49 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun May 09, 2010 5:53 am

Graham, I agree entirely with yours and Phils comments.
Perhaps it's just me with a lot of time on my hands perusing all the threads in case I've missed something.
I know one forum which had 3,000 members and is now down to 4 or 5 including me, and even I very rarely go on it now, due to the fact
I'm the only male and all the conversation is about babies, weddings, ailments and such.

signman

#50 by Sheldonboy , Sun May 09, 2010 8:36 am

How about starting a photography class.?

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#51 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun May 09, 2010 9:27 am

Good idea,I'm willing if every one else is.
Whilst not professing to be an expert I can safely say I have nearly 50 years of taking photos, and now digital has come along, I'm even more into it, and it's also easier to answer questions with a photo back-up to illustrate the point.
Anyone want to start off with a question,( is that all right Phil?).
Don't just rely on me for answers, someone on here may know better.

signman

#52 by Sheldonboy , Sun May 09, 2010 9:37 am

Thank You Signman, Brummies Talking now has a Photographic Expert
Phil can you set up thread please John has just been Volunteered.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 05.09.2010 | Top

#53 by Voltman , Sun May 09, 2010 12:16 pm

I know the new photo thread is now up and running but does anyone else think it may be better placed in the gardening and hobbies section?
VM

"Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their minds than we are aware of." Sir Walter Scott

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#54 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun May 09, 2010 12:58 pm

VM

There is merit to what you say, but as you say the photo section is up and running. So I think I will leave it as it is at the moment. If it causes any problem with people finding it I will see what I can do about moving it.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#55 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon May 10, 2010 4:58 pm

OK lads

The nice lady Pam from Xobor moved the photography thread to Gardening Hobbies & Holidays for me.

She said she thinks that the reason why I couldn't move it might be because I use the IE8 browser. So next time if I have to move a thread I'll try Firefox.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#56 by Sheldonboy , Mon May 10, 2010 7:29 pm

Well done Phil

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#57 by Voltman , Mon May 10, 2010 8:41 pm

Er what's goin' on chaps?
I can't find Signmans photo thread, has someone moved it or wot?
VM

"Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their minds than we are aware of." Sir Walter Scott

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#58 by Sheldonboy , Tue May 11, 2010 7:43 am

Hi VM Photography now in Gardening and Hobbies Section. Only moved yesterday Phil not had a chance to Announce it yet. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#59 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue May 11, 2010 3:56 pm

SB

I think VM was pulling my chain, he knows where it is because he has posted to it. Also I said where I was moving it to. I had a little practise and moved the "Whats it like in Rhyl now" thread to Gardening. Hobbies & Holidays today. It's quite easy when you have got the hang of it.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#60 by Sheldonboy , Tue May 11, 2010 5:21 pm

Well done Phil, VM can be a bigger Wind up merchant than Big Bens Caretaker

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Useless Information-Just for fun

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor