Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

National Lottery Doubles In Price This Week

#1 by Sheldonboy , Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:42 am

This is one customer they have lost
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24369542

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/
I would Agree with you but then we would both be wrong wouldn't we.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Last edited 05.07.2014 | Top

RE: National Lottery Doubles in price this week

#2 by Voltman , Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:09 am

I'm not going to read the report because I will only get angry.

I didn't want to start playing in the first place, her next door started it and she pays for it.
Personally I would stop now and I think everyone should stop now.
We have used the same numbers since day one so it won't be easy to stop because we would be able to check if we would have won.
From very early days I have checked the numbers using a website that displays the history of any set of numbers you put in.
I wasn't happy when the lottery went to twice a week, now I don't know how many games there are or what the lottery is called because I refuse to watch anything to do with it. I know it isn't called Lottery any more

This is pure greed on Camelot's part. They get a percentage so the more they get in the more they get to keep.
But now they expect us to pay twice as much for the same chance at a top prize. It's no use increasing the prizes because if you don't win anyway there is no gain. It's just a ruse to justify the increase.
If you want double your prize money then you can buy two tickets.

It was one game once a week but like all megalomaniacs they couldn't stop there. they have to keep adding to it until it is bigger than anything else.
Camelot have surveyed twenty thousand players to arrive at their twisted logic, this seems quite a small sample when there are supposed to be millions of players.

If we fall for this then what's to stop all other companies doubling their prices?
If I do a job for you and see that you're are happy to pay twice as much for some ethereal set of numbers due to an overnight doubling in price then why shouldn't I charge you twice as much?
Bread and milk should at least double in price next week, after all they are actually giving you something for your money.

Camelot have ruined the lottery.

http://www.gutenberg.org/
Latest Posts

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 10.03.2013 | Top

#3 by mikejee , Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:03 pm

I can't , and wouldn't, argue with any of what you say Volty, except for your comment about numbers surveyed. It is a fact that most people will lose money from the lottery, and very few come out with a profit. Therefore no logical argument is possible to justify it, or its even more revolting colleague (The Health Lottery - run by a pimp, advertised by creatures with glowing red hair, and played by idiots), for continuing to exist. If people want to justify it by saying it contributes to good causes, then they could contribute just as much personally at no greater cost to themselves . This would also prevent the governement using the money as a milch cow for endless sports projects promoted by the sports establishment, and to pay for social items which the government itself should be paying for

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#4 by astoness , Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:27 pm

volty i stopped doing the national lottery 18 months ago after having the same 3 lines since the day it started...i didnt feel that i should carry on just because we can get the results either by watching the draw on tv..in the paper or online..what i do is i dont watch the draw..i dont go online for the results and i dont buy newspapers so its its a case of what i dont know wont hurt me...ive won more money in 18 months of doing the health lottery than i did in 12 years doing the national lottery...dont miss it at all...

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#5 by Voltman , Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:18 pm

Mike, I wasn't going to even get started on how they use the money that is supposed to go to charity.
The whole thing stinks. As do all these altruistic pretenders.
I think the number for the customer survey was mentioned on the radio this morning.

Astoness, As I already have to go out of my way every couple of months to see if we have won I could probably remain ignorant forever, but I'm not sure how I would react if in a moment of stupidity I did investigate our numbers only to find we missed payback. It has to be done though.
Well done to you for not being blackmailed for ever more.
I think mike may owe you an apology though.

Latest Posts

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#6 by lynne webb , Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:32 pm

I stopped doing the lottery some years ago when they said it was funding illegal immigrants avoid deportation, unlike Lyn I checked the numbers for about a year just to see if I would have won. I did, one tenner in 12 months.

lynne webb
Date registered 10.05.2011

#7 by mikejee , Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:25 pm

I'm not quite clear what it is I may have said that would offend Lyn, but If I have then I freely apologise, as I certainly did not mean to offend her. My quiver was aimed at those firms justifying the lottery , not those who use it.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member

#8 by astoness , Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Quote: mikejee wrote in post #7
I'm not quite clear what it is I may have said that would offend Lyn, but If I have then I freely apologise, as I certainly did not mean to offend her. My quiver was aimed at those firms justifying the lottery , not those who use it.

mike im not with you and im a little confused...you havnt offended me at all...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#9 by mikejee , Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:12 pm

Lyn
I was replying to Volty's comment at end of post 5

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member

#10 by astoness , Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:24 pm

Quote: mikejee wrote in post #9
Lyn
I was replying to Volty's comment at end of post 5

oh i see mike..well you still havent offended me so thats that sorted...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#11 by Voltman , Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:03 am

Mike said of the Health lottery "and played by idiots" which I was in full agreement with until Astoness jumped in and said she has played said lottery for 18 months.
It tickled me, anyway.

Here come the hammers.....

Latest Posts

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#12 by astoness , Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:54 am

Quote: Voltman wrote in post #11
Mike said of the Health lottery "and played by idiots" which I was in full agreement with until Astoness jumped in and said she has played said lottery for 18 months.
It tickled me, anyway.

Here come the hammers.....

morning volty mike would never call me an idiot...a confused fool yes but never an idiot and just to prove just how well we get on here is a hug for you mike....[Hug]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#13 by tca , Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:38 am

im coming in on the tail end of this, so i dont know the facts of where money goes, but I have a question, we have several lotto games 6 days per week, of which i do 4, i have a card which is resgister to me, any time i place an entry be it use my regular numbers or a random computer generated set, my card gets swiped, if i go into a store swipe my card it tells me ive won or not, regardless of this if I dont claim the prize within 4 weeks they mail me a cheque, if i do go to the store i must have the ticket and the card or they wont payout they will post it. the system is quite good from that side of things. i would have thought that the days of having to check tickets would be long gone

tca
Date registered 11.27.2012

#14 by Voltman , Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:41 am

I believe that if you do it on the internet then the payout is automatic, into your lottery account.
Otherwise you have to check the numbers and go into a shop to claim your prize. Large prizes are claimed by post, so a bit risky as there is no personal ID on the tickets.
Unclaimed prizes are cancelled after 180 days.

Latest Posts

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Last edited 10.04.2013 | Top

#15 by tca , Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:50 pm

sounds like our system is pretty good, even if you found the winning ticket in the street and when u went to claim they found it was registered to someone else you cant make the claim. if the ticket wasnt registered then you could claim it with the ticket only, the prize never expires, find to ticket in 10 years till you can still claim, there are millions that are sitting in trust accounts unclaimed,

tca
Date registered 11.27.2012

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor