Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OUR MEMORIES OF GROWING UP

#121 by astoness , Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:46 pm

Quote: Slow Jo wrote in post #120
I remember my dad being demobbed,for weeks he had been saving his sweet ration ,they got one in the army apparantly,this was all in a little box he made out of ammuniton boxes.When he came home he opened this box,told us help yourselves take a couple we couldnt believe it. Also some time later he gave me a compass he carried with him ,he said incase he got lost,i still have that old compass,it dosn't work anymore but money wouldn't buy it.

how wonderful to have your dads compass jo..there are some things money just cant buy

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 11.25.2013 | Top

#122 by Slow Jo , Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:54 pm

Memories are wonderfull gifts no one can take away .In my little box also is a prayer come hymn book given to my mother on her confirmation day in 1923 she was 16 at the time.

Slow Jo  
Slow Jo
Date registered 07.31.2013

Last edited 11.25.2013 | Top

#123 by astoness , Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:01 pm

Quote: Slow Jo wrote in post #122
Memories are wonderfull gifts no one can take away .In my little box also is a prayer come hymn book given to my mother on her conformation day in 1923 she was 16 at the time.

wonderful jo you are so lucky to have precious items that belonged to your mom and dad...

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#124 by Slow Jo , Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:04 pm

So true lyn so very true

Slow Jo  
Slow Jo

#125 by Sheldonboy , Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:11 pm

Great stories Jo

The only way is up
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#126 by astoness , Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:03 pm

must share this with you folks...back in the day we would give the window cleaner and binmen a christmas box...today my window cleaner called..he gave me a christmas card and on the envelope was a little santa and it said happy christmas..printed on the inside of the card it says..from bill your window cleaner merry christmas and thank you for your custom..how nice is that...when he collects the window money i shall be giving him a card and a little tip not just because hes reliable and a good window cleaner but because he takes the time to be nice to his customers...the binmen on the other hand will get nowt..[Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#127 by Sheldonboy , Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:26 pm

Quote: astoness wrote in post #126
must share this with you folks...back in the day we would give the window cleaner and binmen a christmas box...today my window cleaner called..he gave me a christmas card and on the envelope was a little santa and it said happy christmas..printed on the inside of the card it says..from bill your window cleaner merry christmas and thank you for your custom..how nice is that...when he collects the window money i shall be giving him a card and a little tip not just because hes reliable and a good window cleaner but because he takes the time to be nice to his customers...the binmen on the other hand will get nowt..[Little LOL]

Remember the days when if you didn't give the dustmen a tip they would tip your rubbish on your garden. just imagine what the window cleaner would do on your windows if you didn't tip him.

The only way is up

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#128 by astoness , Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:33 pm

Quote: Sheldonboy wrote in post #127
Quote: astoness wrote in post #126

Remember the days when if you didn't give the dustmen a tip they would tip your rubbish on your garden. just imagine what the window cleaner would do on your windows if you didn't tip him.

very funny SB..i just thought it was a nice thought..its nice to know there are some folk out there who can say thanks for yer custom...a rare thing these days..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#129 by Sheldonboy , Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:50 pm

Anyone thanking anyone for anything these days can only be a good thing. Too few people are taught good manners these days we should all appreciate them when they are shown.

The only way is up

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#130 by astoness , Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:03 pm

Quote: Sheldonboy wrote in post #129
Anyone thanking anyone for anything these days can only be a good thing. Too few people are taught good manners these days we should all appreciate them when they are shown.

i will go along with that SB oh and THANK YOU [Big Laugh]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#131 by Sheldonboy , Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:20 pm

Quote: astoness wrote in post #130
Quote: Sheldonboy wrote in post #129

i will go along with that SB oh and THANK YOU [Big Laugh]

Thank you for thanking me Lyn

The only way is up

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#132 by astoness , Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:26 pm

my pleasure SB

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#133 by Sheldonboy , Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:37 pm

Quote: astoness wrote in post #132
my pleasure SB

thank you.

The only way is up

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#134 by Slow Jo , Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:56 am

There is a privately owned chemist shop near us and every year he gives his regulars a christmas card .

Slow Jo  
Slow Jo

#135 by astoness , Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:09 pm

Quote: Slow Jo wrote in post #134
There is a privately owned chemist shop near us and every year he gives his regulars a christmas card .

jo that is good to know

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor