Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

The Richmond Pub, Stechford(Bordesley Green East)

#1 by Karen Williams , Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:31 am

Hi All,
Does anyone have some pictures/photos of the olden days in the Richmond Pub on the Bordesley Green East when Sid Vernon was the Landlord there. I have seen the pictures of the bowling club already on this site and printed it off, but would love to see anymore people have preferably with Sid on. My parents and granddad were regular's in there, Dot & Ron Baldwin, Jim Shale and close friends of ours who lived in Upton Rd by the name of Eadie & Floss, Frank and Ada Barratt. I am trying to put a scrapbook together of the good old days as judging by what I heard went on they were!!! Its so sad so many old landmarks such as these pubs are disappearing, I get very sad and all nostalgic when I think of the happy days in the Comet Pub Hodge Hill (My local) The Clock at Bickenhill which has now been demolished to make way for a new run way and The Wagon & Horses in Sheldon which is now Aldi's. Will there be any pubs left soon as they all had such a character to them and history no doubt?
I would love to hear from anyone who has stories about anything mentioned in here, I love anything about the olden days.
Karen

Karen Williams  
Karen Williams
Date registered 08.15.2012

RE: The Richmond Pub, Stechford(Bordesley Green East)

#2 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:26 pm

Karen

As I think I have said before, the only time I ever used the Richmond was when we got off the bus on the way to the Saturday dance upstairs at the Blakesley, when we would pop in for a quick pint.

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures
phil

RE: The Richmond Pub, Stechford(Bordesley Green East)

#3 by Voltman , Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:05 pm

There's nothing quite like a quick pint when you are your way to the pub.

http://www.gutenberg.org/
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/
Latest Posts

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 07.05.2013 | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Craven Arms re-opening

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor