Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: MOBILE PHONES.

#31 by Sheldonboy , Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:48 am

Well at least we won't have to hang on the phone for an hour.

If this was the best I could do. It wasn't good enough

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#32 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:00 am

Sounds ok to me, although I can build a computer and know the basics, when it comes down to the nitty gritty of serious stuff, I'm lost.

signman

#33 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:31 pm

He gets my vote I can hardly switch on a light. I have to get the wife to do it, but that just might be idleness.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#34 by Sheldonboy , Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:30 am

To ask Voltmans advice
Either
Ask in Forum
Send a PM
Send an email to
brummies.talking@gmx.com

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 03.10.2010 | Top

#35 by Voltman , Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:52 pm

As I am the one everybody I know relies on to get them out of their computer and electronic troubles I do have some success in this area.
I am happy to help where I can and if I don't know how to I will say so.

It is always worth asking because a problem aired is a problem shared and you never know who else could be reading.
Of course, if you can't connect that's a different kettle of fish.

Incidentally, although the thread still says Mobile Phones please don't ask as I know nothing about todays versions.

Voltman

If I drank less I would have more money left over for buying wine.

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#36 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:19 pm

Voltman

Whatever you know about Mobile phones you have got me beat inasmuch as I know less. I can't even open some of them to change the sim card or battery. I had to get a phone that is like a cigar case and just pulls apart into two separate half's so you can just drop the works out.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#37 by Sheldonboy , Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:33 pm

I suggest we open another thread an call it Technical Chat, or Motherboard Mayhem or something like that. Maybe we can all learn from it. Thanks for volunteering Volty. SB

If only......................

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#38 by Voltman , Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:39 pm

I don't actually remember volun... Oh OK SB, my pleasure.

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#39 by Voltman , Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:41 pm

If you want to change the sim or battery in a modern phone then do exactly as I say, I have tried this and it works.............ask a 5 year old.

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#40 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:42 pm

Of course a five year old will know, they have mobile phones now before they can walk. You could say before they are mobile. They think if you are not able to text then you must be from another planet.

The whole world revolves around their mobile, they have to have the latest every six months don't even bother trying to explain about silly things like contracts.

And all that is before we even start down the MP3 line.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#41 by Voltman , Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:47 am

So what's wrong with MP3s?

Did you not tie a Dansette to your back when you were young, and along with a car battery and a stack of 78s set off to work or the shops listening to your fav tracks?
Or was it a HMV wind up?

No nor I, how did we survive.

I will either finish this sentence or

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#42 by Sheldonboy , Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:50 pm

VMs right Phil. Thats why buses arn't powered by horses anymore.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#43 by Voltman , Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:16 am

Actually SB I was being sarky, although I rather guessed you would support MP3s on the move because you spend hours on public transport and if I did that then music would be a welcome diversion.

I have been a fan of MP3 since the day it was first possible to rip ones own CDs.
My CD collection has been ripped a few times and the last but one time was for the highest quality files possible, they take up a lot of space but I wanted the best possible quality for playback on proper equipment.

The latest and I hope final time was to produce my entire collection as WMA Lossless files with a maximum of 940Kbps. I bought an Acer Netbook to use as an MP3 player and can play them back through my HiFi.
The Acer was necessary because most, if not all, MP3 players are only capable of playing small sized low quality files and have pathetically small storage memory to match, along with a very poor audio output that sounds truly awful when not heard through headphones.
My latest collection contains over 15,000 tracks, including repeats, and takes up 250Gb of disk space. I had to upgrade the HD in my Netbook so it would hold them.
The audio output of the Netbook , which is better than a couple of laptops I tried, is good enough for me and my old HiFi but sometimes the machine can't keep up and the tracks stutter a bit.
I anticipate the arrival very soon of solid state HiFis that can play full size files from large flash storage media at maximum quality.

My plan was and is to get rid of the two 110 disc players that some of my discs are currently stored in and store all the discs away, without cases, for posterity and legal reasons.

So you can see I not at all against MP3s and the like, just the way they are used as a way of blocking out the world around at the most inapropriate times.

Voltman

I will either finish this sentence or

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#44 by Sheldonboy , Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:15 pm

And

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#45 by Voltman , Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:10 pm

And perhaps I talk too much.

I will either finish this sentence

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Bone Yard

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor