Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Phil proved right

#1 by mikejee , Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:28 pm

Hereby, in todays newly released government papers, Phil's (and my) opinion of Thatcher and her true aims are confirmed. Wonder if they will allow a similar release of the present government's papers in 30 years time concerning their true motives and aims.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/...led?INTCMP=SRCH

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

RE: Phil proved right

#2 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:01 pm

Mike

No surprises there, the Tory's have never wanted the NHS or the welfare state and have always been against it. Even the doctors were against the NHS and had to be bribed into becoming part of it and still continue to be bribed today with private beds on NHS wards.

phil

#3 by Deleted User , Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:34 pm

That party would love to screw us all........that woman is a swear word in our house.

#4 by Voltman , Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:17 am

What a pathetic thread.
Why don't we wait and see what the labour super heroes had in mind.

http://www.gutenberg.org/
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/
Latest Posts

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#5 by Sheldonboy , Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:37 am

Without everyone going party political, I suggest we all remember to respect everyone elses opinions. To my mind for instance there is no party of any substance at present and no person fit to lead one, even if there was they have no one to back them up.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not sure about the former.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#6 by astoness , Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:19 am

Quote: Sheldonboy wrote in post #5
Without everyone going party political, I suggest we all remember to respect everyone elses opinions. To my mind for instance there is no party of any substance at present and no person fit to lead one, even if there was they have no one to back them up.

i agree SB so why vote then...just because ive got the vote dont mean to say i have to use it and by not using it i cant be accused of electing any party thats gets this country into such a big hole that we cant get out of it...nuff said from me...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#7 by Sheldonboy , Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:31 am

Quote: astoness wrote in post #6

i agree SB so why vote then...just because ive got the vote dont mean to say i have to use it and by not using it i cant be accused of electing any party thats gets this country into such a big hole that we cant get out of it...nuff said from me...

But that is one of the problems Lyn. You can of course make a protest vote. Until we have a box to tick for abstaining ie: none of the above anyone can do that.
To not vote at all is just apathy and giving up. We don't have to wait until there is an election to make ourselves heard, its not difficult to contact your MP to tell them what you want done. Not voting must not be an option, Our Parliament gets away with too much already.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not sure about the former.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#8 by astoness , Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:04 am

Quote: Sheldonboy wrote in post #7
Quote: astoness wrote in post #6

But that is one of the problems Lyn. You can of course make a protest vote. Until we have a box to tick for abstaining ie: none of the above anyone can do that.
To not vote at all is just apathy and giving up. We don't have to wait until there is an election to make ourselves heard, its not difficult to contact your MP to tell them what you want done. Not voting must not be an option, Our Parliament gets away with too much already.

and im afraid they will continue getting away with it....still wont bother voting but an abstain box is a good idea...i could tick that no problem..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#9 by Deleted User , Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:11 pm

Quote: Voltman wrote in post #4
What a pathetic thread.
Why don't we wait and see what the labour super heroes had in mind.

What a short memory you must have re The Thatcher years.

#10 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:50 pm

Volty

A self employed one man (or two) band will always be able to weather the worst any government can throw at them. It's when you start to employ people that the trouble begins. I have to tell you that I saw many businesses go to the wall through the maladministration of that woman, businesses that would still be employing men today. I'm only talking about businesses that I knew personally. We only managed to hang on by the skin of our teeth, sometimes going without salary so the men could be paid.

If we were to try counting the coal miners, shipbuilders, steelworkers in fact the backbone of British Industry that she put on the dole I'm afraid we would be setting ourselves an impossible task. How many of them or their sons and daughters are still on the dole today. Yes that woman will certainly go down in the history books as the most reviled woman in England.

phil

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor