Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

WAR VETERAN MUGGED IN BRUM

#1 by astoness , Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:37 pm

absolutely dispicable......i really hope they catch these animals.. apart from his injuries and personal loss their actions prevented this man from attending rememberance day...

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/loc...ran-vows-318372

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 11.19.2012 | Top

RE: WAR VETERAN MUGGED IN BRUM

#2 by Sheldonboy , Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:01 am

I am sorry to say that this kind of story doesn't surprise me anymore.
We seem to be surrounded by ill manered lawless scum with the lowest morals imaginable. I can really ony see this as a downward irretievable path. I pass through the town every day and usually travel on four buses I must say I wouldn't give most of the people I see house room.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:51 am

I have nothing but sympathy for this gentleman ans the perpetrators of this crime if caught should be flogged. Though I do wish these newspaper reporters would at least try to get the facts right. If Bill is indeed 78 then he would have been four years of age when war broke out being born in 1934 as he was. Further how long has Gooch St been in Digbeth, have they moved it?

phil

#4 by mikejee , Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:53 am

I agree in general about the accuracy of newspapers, and know form aquaintancies who worked for them that they would agree. However it does not say WW2, just war veteran. This could include the Korean war, and , I suppose, some might consider the uprising in Malaya (which it states he served in) as a war.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#5 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:09 am

I though Malaya was a police action Mike?

phil

#6 by astoness , Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:06 pm

bill served in germany an malaya with the cherry pickers 11th hussars regiment...

phil im sure ive rellies in gooch st on the 1901 census think it did come under digbeth but i will check that out...me memorys not what it used to be lol

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#7 by mikejee , Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:08 pm

I said "some might consider Phil" , I would be dubious at calling it a war, but then "war on terror" also might not be the right phrase either for what is happening now.
Incidently, it seems the idea of attacking older people is catching:

http://travel.aol.co.uk/2012/11/20/bus-d...26pLid%3D137815

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Last edited 11.20.2012 | Top

#8 by Sheldonboy , Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:50 pm

Small world I don't know this old lad but my wife knows pat his daughter she is with him in tonights Mail.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#9 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:07 pm

Mike

Concerning your second link, what sort of a man was the driver of the bus to stand by and watch that happening? I don't care what he was not supposes to do, I would have been out of that cab in seconds and found something to clout them around the heads with. Anyway was the bus empty with no other passengers to help him.

As for the idea of attacking older people catching on, of course it is, older people can't put up much of a fight even so I doubt they would even have tried it unless they were mob handed that sort of scum haven't got the guts unless they are in a gang.

phil

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor