Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Balsall Heath, Sparkbrook.

#16 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:36 pm

Well they have got to be coming from somewhere, I can see them jumping across the screen.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#17 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:38 pm

What are you smoking

If all else fails Read the instructions

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you. Carl Gustav Jung

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#18 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:41 pm

Would that I were, Would that I were.

Make Love, Not War

phil

#19 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:58 pm

Yes I can just see you down at the Tow Rope on Broad Street.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#20 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:05 pm

SB

No sorry mate, I might have experimented with it all but I was never a user. The demon drink has always been my downfall and sadly now I am cured of that. Except when I very occasionally fall off the waggon. I had one glass of wine this Christmas.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#21 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:47 pm

Yes Phil, I know you don't have a lot these days, I don't much either. I did make an exception on New Years Eve though. Started off with a visit to The Windsor in Cannon Street, from there to the Wellington a real ale pub in bennetts Hill. Then finishing off in The Trocadero. Quite a nice pub these days and the customer base is different to a few years ago, if you know what I mean. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 01.04.2010 | Top

#22 by paul , Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:07 pm

did anybody do the trip from calthorpe park up the river rea to cannon hill park to where the two rivers met i did when i was a kid and slid in a few times some times we would get down the ladder by the luxor flicks when we got to the water fall we would try and have a swim

paul  
paul
Date registered 12.31.2009

#23 by paul , Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:13 pm

did any of you have a Jews harp i did it cost 4p in old money we used to drive our teacher up the wall with it until she took them off us but give um back at home time and did any of you play hopscotch on the pavement under the light of the gas lamps or did you have an old bike wheel and a stick and play racing up and down the pavement

paul  
paul
Date registered 12.31.2009

#24 by PJ , Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:14 pm

Hi SB,
You have your bearings around town, tell me, if you can, is there any parking close by to the Custard Factory ? I have promised myself to take a look at corpses on show there, Ha! sounds awful.
"What kind of Ghoul am I who never fell in............" You never know it could be a real eye opener Ha!. no. There is a few things I would like to take a look at, see what the Surgeons and Doctors see when they peer into our orifices, have a look at what our giblets are like, see how the spinal cord is attached to the brain. I've gone to far.

Just in case you are reading this on you tricorder captain, its snowing steadily here although the forecasters missed that flurry we had earlier on, they now say its set to get much worse but they did say we were to have a mild winter not to mention our BBQ summer, cant we get anything right these days.
PJ

PJ  
PJ
Date registered 12.27.2009

Last edited 01.05.2010 | Top

#25 by PJ , Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:23 pm

Hi Paul,
Yes loved my Jews harp and like you used to drive everyone mad trying to speak using the vibrating sound to make the words, am I dreaming or was there a bass version a little larger than the standard. The only time I heard the J harp being played seriously was in a wild life film , when they got to the section on reptiles and bugs they used the J harp to cover the scorpion's movements.

I wonder what the X box kids of today would make of a hoop and a stick as a toy, Ha! its funny but they both develop hand and eye coordination, with the hoop and stick it would do more for the legs.
PJ.

PJ  
PJ

#26 by Deleted User , Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:32 pm

Paul,

My mum tells me stories of swiming in the canal.She was banned from going there.She did though.

She rememers a young lad drowning and she still remembers his name even though it was many years ago.

#27 by PJ , Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi Denise'
That drowning was it in Brum? and how long ago?

PJ  
PJ

#28 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:55 pm

PJ
There is a car park on Heathmill Lane, on the same side as the Old Crown pub. The opening to it is surrounded by crushed scrap cars, you can't miss it. It's a two minute walk to the Custard Factory.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#29 by Deleted User , Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:58 pm

PJ the drowning was at Acocks Green.......probablly about sixty seven years ago...........I will check with mum.

#30 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:38 pm

PJ

Whatever you do make sure that you park on a correctly designated car park. Clamper's are rife in the area. Given half the chance they will have your car clamped and towed before you have chance to turn around. Make sure you read all the notices displayed before you park your car.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Lee Hall Farm, Yardley.

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor