Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Some People Have The Right Idea

#1 by mikejee , Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:23 pm

A scrap metal dealer has donated £21,000 to replace metal plaques stolen from a war memorial in south London.

Fourteen bronze plaques bearing the names of 243 World War I servicemen were stolen from Carshalton war memorial in Sutton in September 2011......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-16922604

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Last edited 03.28.2016 | Top

RE: Some people have the right idea

#2 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:41 am

Well done that man.
The quicker the cashless transaction comes into operation the better.

signman

#3 by Deleted User , Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:10 pm

I agree,these people are causing so many problems.

#4 by mollymandysb , Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:31 pm

i too agree it s about time the scrap metal dealers were watched as it seems to be too easy for thieves to steal metal etc and sell it. when taking things from train lines etc it is so dangerous apart from being a nuisance when stealing off members of the public.
steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#5 by Voltman , Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:53 am

These plaques could still be sitting in someones garage, there was no suggestion in the report that they had been scrapped, perhaps they are too hot to handle.

You and I should use an endless stream of vowels and consonants to form the words we will use to effectively assemble a forceful tirade of well constructed sentences which will aid and assist us in our tireless struggle to virtually eliminate verbosity

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#6 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:08 pm

Volty

It doesn't take much to melt copper, bronze or brass into a shapeless blob then there is no risk attached to disposing of them is there?

Phil

phil

#7 by Voltman , Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:01 am

I have to wonder if there is a profit after the expense of melting them down but that would make them easier to dispose of.

You and I should use an endless stream of vowels and consonants to form the words we will use to effectively assemble a forceful tirade of well constructed sentences which will aid and assist us in our tireless struggle to virtually eliminate verbosity

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#8 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:02 am

Volty

Most people who handle scrap metal have oxy/acetylene gear and that is all you need to render non ferrous metals unidentifiable.

Phil

phil

#9 by mikejee , Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:22 pm

I notice in the Mail on Sunday they have identified one culprit in the area, Pitford metals in Brownhills, run by a Stuart Kirby & Lee Bamford

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-crimewave.html

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
How Silly Can You Get !

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor