I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: You wouldn't want to upset this Geezer

#2 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:52 pm

We got took to court once for returning a skip of rubbish and tipping it on the drive of a non payer. In court the magistrate ask the police who attended the incident if any of the rubbish had tipped into the street. The policeman answered the magistrate that we had got out of the lorry and swept up the street.

He then called the customer into the box and said to him Mr X it is obvious that you had no intention of paying this company what you contracted to pay them. As they committed no criminal offence I am dismissing the case and awarding them costs. If you wish to take this further you can try the civil courts but I would advise against that.

Phil

phil

#3 by Sheldonboy , Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:54 pm

Nothing like a bit of Rough Justice where it's warranted.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#4 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:04 pm

The thing is these non payers think that the sums involved are too trifling to take them to court. Mostly they are right even with the small claims court it's too much trouble and you cant claim enough to warrant the time you waste in court.

Though when it comes to things like skip hire the largest expense is in getting rid of the load (tipping costs) but if the client has a nice handy front drive, then it can provide a free tip.

Phil

phil
Last edited Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:04 pm | Top

#5 by mikejee , Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:16 pm

I like the idea of that Phil.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#6 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:52 am

I had an incident many years ago, and it also involved an Indian shopkeeper, I'd signwritten his fascia and after 2 months of trying to get payment (every time I called he was never available).
So early one morning I went and painted over his name in the most slaphazard way I could, within 2 hours he was on the phone asking me to come to his shop, he went ballistic, ranting and raving, I said pay me and I'll put it right, he paid me, I then said and it's going to be so much to
do it again and I want paying up front, he didn't even think about it, went straight to the till and gave me the cash,needless to say I was very busy for a couple of weeks,but did put it right in the end, from that day on I always insisted on payment up front fron his fellow countrymen.

signman

#7 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:45 pm

I have to be honest and I had no more trouble getting paid by any one race of people than another. Though I will admit further that those people from the Indian continent were less trustful than any other.

I remember going on one job to see how it was progressing, the job was demolishing a chimney and chimney breast on a two story wing building down to ground level, demolishing some outhouses and digging some footings and laying new foundations and drains for a new extension.

When I got there Graham to foreman said to me, "Phil you will have to have a word with the client" Apparently he stood and watched them fill every barrow, then as it was pushed down the entry he ran trough the house and stood on the step whilst it was emptied in the skip.

This was really annoying the lads and they were ready to walk off the job, so I had a word with the client and he agreed to stop doing it, but Graham told me later that he still watched them from inside the house.

To be honest, I can't see what he was watching them for, I wonder if he thought they were pinching the bricks or the spoil they were digging out?

Phil

phil

#8 by Voltman , Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:18 am

Been there, tried it, never did it again.
Indians don't like to pay.
Nice people until it comes to money, then it's just excuses and complaints.
VM

You and I should use an endless stream of vowels and consonants to form the words we will use to effectively assemble a forceful tirade of well constructed sentences which will aid and assist us in our tireless struggle to virtually eliminate verbosity

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
NOW I KNOW THE WORLD HAS GONE MAD

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor