Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: MY PUB TABLE

#16 by astoness , Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Posted by Sheldonboy
lLyn Gold sounds good. But you should see your Doctor about the Bobbles running down the inside of your legs

god you lot are on form today...[Hammers]...thank you for your thoughts on the gold..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 01.06.2012 | Top

#17 by Deleted User , Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:52 pm

Gold sounds good

#18 by astoness , Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:00 pm

hi den..i was thinking it may look ok instead off all black..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#19 by mikejee , Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:42 pm

Lyn
James Yates, as opposed to John or Thomas, who anyway were only spoon makers, not pub equippers, first seems to appear ibetween 1858 & 1862. Before it was Yates & Birch

1862 entry is attached

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures
mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#20 by Sheldonboy , Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:45 pm

How do you do it Mike

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have spent most of life trying to save.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#21 by astoness , Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:59 pm

brilliant mike thank you..ive saved that snippet...

SB..i cant sing mikes praises enough..also the maps he produces showing individual houses in streets from way back and then highlighting a certain number are fantastic.and then there are the e roll look ups he does..im sure i must drive him mad sometimes with my requests but he has never told me so...well not to me face anyway..[Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#22 by Voltman , Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:18 pm

Astoness, perhaps you could carefully mask off all the black areas surrounding the gold bobbles and then simply paint on the gold with a brush.
I should stress that all the work is in the preparation and the masking off, the painting is easy.
Don't apply the masking tape until the black paint is completely dry and don't remove it until you are happy with the paint on the bobbles.
VM

"We were poor, but that didn't stop us being miserable" Groucho Marx
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#23 by astoness , Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:22 pm

Posted by Voltman
Astoness, perhaps you could carefully mask off all the black areas surrounding the gold bobbles and then simply paint on the gold with a brush.
I should stress that all the work is in the preparation and the masking off, the painting is easy.
Don't apply the masking tape until the black paint is completely dry and don't remove it until you are happy with the paint on the bobbles.
VM

funny you mention that volty..masking round me bobbles had entered my head...[Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#24 by Sheldonboy , Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:23 pm

Posted by astoness

Posted by Voltman
VM

funny you mention that volty..masking round me bobbles had entered my head...[Little LOL]

[It's A knockout][It's A knockout][It's A knockout][It's A knockout][It's A knockout][It's A knockout][It's A knockout][It's A knockout][It's A knockout][It's A knockout][It's A knockout][Laurel & Hardy]

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have spent most of life trying to save.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#25 by Voltman , Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:26 pm

And it probably will never leave.

"We were poor, but that didn't stop us being miserable" Groucho Marx
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#26 by astoness , Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:44 pm

Posted by Sheldonboy

Posted by astoness

Posted by Voltman
VM

[It's A knockout][It's A knockout][It's A knockout][It's A knockout][It's A knockout][It's A knockout][It's A knockout][It's A knockout][It's A knockout][It's A knockout][It's A knockout][Laurel & Hardy]

calm down..[Hammers]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#27 by astoness , Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:12 am

think its looking ok folks...2 coats done on the top..prob put one more on and then start the gold paint work...

Attached pictures:

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#28 by astoness , Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:13 am

pic 2

Attached pictures:

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#29 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:11 am

Lyn

Looking good.

Phil

phil

#30 by astoness , Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:18 am

thanks phil...i think i will leave it at the 2 coats on the top...think another coat would cover up the fact that the top is worn in places and thats taking the originality away from it..its not my aim to make it look brand new..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor