Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Genealogy Enquiries

#106 by Stirling Single , Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:49 pm

Steph, That is absolutely awful about your dog. We had gone over to Moseley when I got the call and we drove straight home. The vet was ever so good - had the needle and all in - and he passed away very peacefully on my shoulder. When I got there he was in a diabetic coma but the vet had kept him comfortable until I got there. It was the few days before that that I should have been with him so I won't let that happen with this one.

Root Chat - Fantastic, keep going - your do'in well.
Yes, they must have been living in Stoke Orchard because I have that Henry lived in Stoke Orchard before he moved towards Malvern. His brother Charles {whether older or younger} left £100.00 each to Henrys two children.
I have this from a friend who has now passed away and was doing this before I picked up were he had got to.

Lynn.

Stirling Single  
Stirling Single
Date registered 03.12.2011

#107 by Stirling Single , Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:58 am

Hi Lyn,
Why don't you see what the local library has to offer. Mine logged me in to the Ancestry site for £2.50 for an hour and I was able to flick in and out as much as I wasn't without having any credits. - The only thing was to make sure that you enlarge the information before you print it. That was just 10p a copy.
Lynn.

Stirling Single  
Stirling Single

#108 by mollymandysb , Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:58 am

morning all

seems like another nice fresh sunny day, i like it better like this than the real heat.

perhaps the money was left to them in his will when he passed away. shame he died at 28 the same age as his mother.

i dont think any of the gen sites will give you any more information on this now, but you will have to check the parish minutes and things like that, even reading inscriptions on grave stones. i googled b c church and it looks lovely.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#109 by Stirling Single , Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:38 am

Hi Steph,

May I ask, how does RootsChat work.
Are there individual people who pick up your question or is your question answered by whatever members reply. Like the person who corresponded with you. Did you already know her.

Steph, the man who gave the money - I think we have misunderstood each other - It was when he was making out his will, not when he died.

Thanks for all that you have done and I shall now contact Bishops Cleeve Church and go from there, now that I have more to go on.

Lynn.

Stirling Single  
Stirling Single

#110 by Stirling Single , Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:05 pm

Hi Steph,
Just to say that I've contacted Bishops Cleeve and they only keep up to date records there. The old records are in Gloucestershire Records Office in Gloucester so we shall make a trip there at some stage.
Lynn.

Stirling Single  
Stirling Single

#111 by mollymandysb , Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:13 pm

Hi Lynn

roots chat is very much like this site, anyone can answer your questions, although it seems to be mainly for fam history. the chat room is a bit different, only been on there once.

yes, i think to actually tie it all in you need to go to archives, or someone on roots chat might do a look up for you. there are lots of requests for look ups - saves you the time of going there. you need to really see parish records to see who the mom and dad were - it so difficult before 1837 when there no birth certs. holder is obviously a name that is quite popular in the gloucestershire area.

i think i v been getting confused, which is not hard to do, there are two Lynns, one living inthe midlands nd one in chichester, is that right

hayppy hunting and hope cat o.k. (i v got the right lynn)

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb

#112 by mollymandysb , Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:19 pm

no i did not know the lady who replied personally, although trish and i have worked together before.

gloucestershire is a very helpful county, some of them are a bit 'do it your self'. i posted one in pwllehi (think thats how it spelt) in north wales and i a vry nice man went to the bryncroes (which is virtually) on the Llyn peninsula and took details down from the parish records for me and gave me so much information.

gloucestershire have a family history society, not sure if free, one of my cousins was researching in the glos/forest of dean area and found a lot of records on line. she did most of her research from home in south wales.

well must do a bit of housework 'cus my 15 mnt old grandson will be with me tomorrow, i have to watch him all the time, he is into climbing at the moment and the nappy changes, wow, id forgotten what it was like - hd more energy in the days when my kids were little. i sleep most of wednesday.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb

#113 by Stirling Single , Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:50 pm

Hi Steph,
You've got the right Lynn - I'm Horsham, W.Sussex, - Stirling Single. My son is in Chichester.
Thanks again.
Lynn.

Stirling Single  
Stirling Single

#114 by mollymandysb , Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:54 pm

so who is the one going to the vets in moseley witht he cat, or do you have a moseley down by you, as that is my confusion we have one in birmingham. have you ever looked at the arthurlloyd site (it s all about the musical halls etc. of bygone days) lovely pictures of them from the birmingham area.

it sunny here at moment but quite chilly.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb

#115 by Stirling Single , Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:03 pm

Steph,
Not me going to Moseley, must be someone else.
Yes, I do know the Arthur Lloyd site. It's very good.
Lynn.

Stirling Single  
Stirling Single

#116 by Sheldonboy , Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:15 pm

Stirling Single asked be to post this link today, this is the first chance I have had. SB
Subject: FamilySearch.org — Free Family History and Genealogy Records
https://www.familysearch.org/#form=trees

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#117 by theherald ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:16 pm

Hello Lynn et al,

I am a descendant of Henry Holder (the elder son of Charles and his first wife, Martha Hone), through his son John Charles, (later 1st Bart.) Indeed, he was the elder child and only son of Henry and Maria his wife - he went on to marry (in Hanley Castle) Geraldine Knipe and produced ten children.

If I can help in any way please let me know - by the way, why the interest? are you a far flung cousin?

Best,

Will

theherald

#118 by Stirling Single , Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:41 pm

Hi Will,

My main interest in this History is because we are very priviliged to own some of the Engines and Rolling stock that ran on the original Pitmaston Moor Green Railway in Moseley. After visiting Pitmaston House, on a few occasions over the past few years etc. I then kept adding to the History of it all and started to find out more about the Wembley Empire Exhibition in 1925 and when e.g. Peter Pan ran there. When my husband was alive {he passed away 17yrs ago} he had collected many photos etc. and had done a lot of research into the railway side - Pitmaston Moor Green Railway, Broome Railway and Keeping Railway. What I'm trying to do now is just fill in little gaps that haven't been researched.
Would love to hear from you.
My eMail address is lynnstratton@talktalk.net
Regards,
Lynn Stratton.

Stirling Single  
Stirling Single

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Birmingham Childrens Home Project

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor