Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Father Christmas Arrived At Webbs Of Wychbold Today

#1 by mollymandysb , Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:17 pm

the man himself with raindeer arrived at this garden centre, however, it is £6 for a present.

does anyone remember the christmas scenes in the shops in brum in the 60s. lewis, greys, and the best one was the beehive when it was in (I think) carrs lane before it moved, that was fantastic and of course i forgot the co-op. the ride to see santa was better than the presents and i dont think it cost as much, cus my mom had three of us and i know she would not have been able to afford a lot. even the christmas lights in those days where something special to look at.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

Last edited 09.24.2013 | Top

RE: father christmas arrived at webbs of wychbold today

#2 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:42 am

Yes and the best window dispays by far were Rackhams.

signman

#3 by mollymandysb , Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:42 am

oh, i forgot rackhams.

yes, lovely displays. shops are not the same these days.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb

#4 by Sheldonboy , Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:54 pm

Posted by mollymandysb
the man himself with raindeer arrived at this garden centre, however, it is £6 for a present.

does anyone remember the christmas scenes in the shops in brum in the 60s. lewis, greys, and the best one was the beehive when it was in (I think) carrs lane before it moved, that was fantastic and of course i forgot the co-op. the ride to see santa was better than the presents and i dont think it cost as much, cus my mom had three of us and i know she would not have been able to afford a lot. even the christmas lights in those days where something special to look at.

steph

Yes Steph, I well remember going to see Father Christmas and Uncle Holly at Lewis's. I also remember queing up what seemed like 143 flights of stairs for 14 hours. That's what it seemed like to a little lad anyway.

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have spent most of life trying to save.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#5 by mikejee , Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:25 pm

Don't let your children or grandchildren see this (apparently its had 2million viewings so far), else this is what they will want for christmas, and that wouldn't be a good idea. It is cute though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G1PFLuTr...player_embedded

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#6 by Deleted User , Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:03 pm

Mum used to take us on the bus for the ride around town to see the lights........then santa another day.
Happy Days.

#7 by mollymandysb , Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:31 pm

oh dear, i had forgotten uncle holly. that owl, i want one. they are so lovely.

i had one sat in my garden tree one winters night but the noise it made was quite scary and i felt sorry for any of the little animals that might be scurrying about. i know its nature and they v got to eat.

talking of nature has anyone seen any hedghogs, i used to have one visit at night times and he would waddle down the garden path on to the patio and sat eating the cat food i had put out for him, the dog would go mad. not seen any this year.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb

#8 by Sheldonboy , Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:43 pm

Steph we have had Four Hedgehogs this year, we know this because my wife Jo puts food and drink out for them we started off with two very large ones. Then the two young ones appeared, Harry and Hermione (don't ask). They have been feed until recently.

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have spent most of life trying to save.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#9 by mollymandysb , Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:00 pm

oh, good, glad to see they are still around. now i dont have the dog i dont go out late at nights so dont come across them. i used to see them some mornings either been hit by a car or trundling around, which of course was not good for them.

had lots of diff birds on the table this week end, one a bit finch like, buff/rust body with black and white wings, very striking. get the usual nuthatch, finches, sparrows,and all sorts of tits.

any ideas

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb

#10 by Sheldonboy , Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:28 pm

I'm not too clever with Bird identification myself Steph I leave that to the wife. She does well attracting different birds, she buys some of the Bill Oddie range of Bird feeds they are supposed to bring in different ones. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
This is interesting

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor