Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Topography

#91 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:55 pm

Mike

Its ok mate I don't need the photo, it's just curiosity. I'm not enquiring for anybody, its just that I worked on the house some years back and wondered if it belonged to anybody of importance at any time. I don't think it was very old house, early Victorian I would think and the owner being an ironmaster would tie in with that new money so to speak.

I just wanted to know because I was thinking one day I might knock something together one of these days about all these old buildings that I worked on during my working life. In a small way I have worked on a lot of historic buildings in Birmingham in among all the factories, shops & houses that we demolished we also helped with a lot of renovation work.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#92 by mikejee , Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:55 pm

That would be really interesting Phil. A very different approach to the one that you normally see.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Last edited 04.12.2011 | Top

#93 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:06 pm

Mike

Look what I came across whilst pursuing my eternal quest of Birmingham photo's. A photo of Court Oak House looks like a side view from the park, before Birmingham Council carved it up into little flats. I never saw it after we finished gutting it out but I bet they spilt the magnificent ball room up into a couple of flats.

Phil

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures
phil

#94 by mikejee , Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:22 pm

shows there are still things out to find Phil.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Brummagem Sayings

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor