Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Dale Farm

#16 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:24 pm

Oh yes I forgot all about them. You give the gypos today a horse and cart, they would eat the horse and use the cart for firewood.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#17 by Sheldonboy , Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:22 pm

Posted by phil
I tell you what ticks me off about this sort of thing. Its not the gypo's you can understand and expect this sort of thing from them. It's the outsiders who get involved, people who do not have the faintest idea what these travellers get up to, the ones who still have silly romanticised ideas of them going from town to town mending pots and pans and sharpening knives.

Phil

Isn't that what they do then Phil.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#18 by Deleted User , Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:36 pm

I recently read a book abot a tavelling woman,she wrote about her childhood,her family and how they used to earn a living.It made me see them in a different light,they did live in a caravan drawn by horses and used to have regular stopping points and work routines.she admits as in anyway of life they too had their criminals but I warmed towards her.

The big poblem now is all those stopping points have long gone.

She tried to live in a house and it nearly was the end of her.

#19 by Sheldonboy , Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:44 pm

Posted by denise
I recently read a book abot a tavelling woman,she wrote about her childhood,her family and how they used to earn a living.It made me see them in a different light,they did live in a caravan drawn by horses and used to have regular stopping points and work routines.she admits as in anyway of life they too had their criminals but I warmed towards her.

The big poblem now is all those stopping points have long gone.

She tried to live in a house and it nearly was the end of her.

Den I feel sure that the life your woman led is nothing like this Dale farm shower. Some Gypsies worked on farms, fruit picking etc and had an Annual circuit and made a good living an contribution to society.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#20 by Voltman , Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:05 pm

Oh no, let's not go all soft on 'em now.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#21 by Deleted User , Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:09 pm

No not soft but they are trying to replicate a life that has long gone.I do not agree with what they have done at Dale Farm......as I have said befoe I own a bit of land and would love to build me ,me mum me sister and all a nice house each on it but the planners computer says noooooooooo.

#22 by Voltman , Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:18 pm

Well Denise, when we get to build on Green Belt then perhaps you will stand a good chance of getting your wish.
Personally I have changed my thinking on Green Belt, I don't think we need it anymore, it is now just seclusion and privacy for the priveleged.

We could have some big new sprawling cities, thin out the over population in our existing tiny cities and have bigger and quieter roads across the country.
The speed limit could be reduced to 55mph and there would be a McDonalds (and a post office) every three miles.
Oh wait....that's Florida. But anyway I think it would be better than the squashed conditions we have now.
VM

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 10.20.2011 | Top

#23 by Deleted User , Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Mmmmmmmmmmmm the moral dilemma.Yes I like the green belt but selling that land with planning permission would be a nice nest egg thank you or as I say the house of my dreams.

#24 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:40 pm

Green belt is only green belt until the council or government want to build there, then it is prime building land.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#25 by mikejee , Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:05 pm

Or a councillor has a boyfriend who owns a building company

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#26 by Sheldonboy , Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:13 pm

Posted by Voltman
Well Denise, when we get to build on Green Belt then perhaps you will stand a good chance of getting your wish.
Personally I have changed my thinking on Green Belt, I don't think we need it anymore, it is now just seclusion and privacy for the priveleged.

We could have some big new sprawling cities, thin out the over population in our existing tiny cities and have bigger and quieter roads across the country.
The speed limit could be reduced to 55mph and there would be a McDonalds (and a post office) every three miles.
Oh wait....that's Florida. But anyway I think it would be better than the squashed conditions we have now.
VM

Volty if you ever got to be a planning officer, I would take a contract out on you.
Not a bad idea anyway as it goes.[Little LOL]

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#27 by mollymandysb , Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:25 am

it just amazes me how on one hand some of the population can vote 'paddy the traveller' as the winner of celeb big brother and then turn on travellers on another site.

i think the council should have stopped the trav ellers at dale farm long ago but now where are they going to go to, not all of them had caravans to tow some where living in brick built bungalows. the other side, i did not like what seemed to be the main man who was complaining about the travellers site - he did not come across as a nice man but a right prigg. he was on the beach in his 4 x 4 pulling someone sitting on a large tyre and splashing everyone else on the beach - he had no manners but because he obviously had a bit of money he was listened to - but he looked rough and spoke rough.

if it is true that the travellers are very 'christian' nd attend the local catholic church - why was nt the church involved in trying to sort out this problem and why dont they try and education the trav ellers a bit more - i did watch the programme 'my big fat gypsy wedding' and was appalled at the behaviour of the travellers. however, i feel the travellers are an easy target - there are other people from other countries (I think that is the safest way to describe them) that get away with all sorts of cultural differences that are against our laws - e.g. bigamy for one instance.

we have travellers in redditch who leave the sites they have been staying on quite clean - some people complain and say 'look theyv left their rubbish' in black bin bags - but if you dont have a card for the local tip you cant use it.

molly

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Best western....take 2

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor