Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: T E L E V I S I O N

#16 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:30 pm

PJ

Previous to retirement the only thing I had wrote was threatening letters to slow paying clients. As you say with retirement comes dreadful ennui. To combat this I was willing to try anything.

At least I could go for a drink down my local pub and club, but soon that little pleasure was snatched away from me when I was told pack in drinking or pack in breathing it was that simple. I chose to go on breathing, though I sometimes wonder at my choice.

That was when I decided to write my life story. I have little imagination and I could not see me writing fiction. But that was also soon to be put aside for the reasons I gave earlier. Though I did enjoy reliving parts of my childhood, there were parts that I did not enjoy writing about.

Now I pass time on a few forum's and have revived an interest in history that I have always had, tending to try and learn a little of the history of this great city of ours.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil
Last edited Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:35 pm | Top

#17 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:53 pm

I wanted to write my life story, but I wouldn't believe it myself.... .. .

If all else fails Read the instructions

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#18 by PJ , Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:00 pm

That's Great Phil, inspirational,
Proves you cant keep a good man down.
PJ

PJ  
PJ
Date registered 12.27.2009

#19 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:38 pm

SB & PJ

I think we all have times we look back at and think "did I really do that"?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#20 by Sheldonboy , Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:19 am

The scary thing is we probably did...... .. .

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#21 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:12 pm

The thing is, due to whisky consumption. I don't remember half of what I did. I suppose that could be a blessing.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#22 by PJ , Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:07 pm

I'm with you there Denise,
I think I told you that I'm relatively new to these Forums which is definitely not the same as meeting people in the usual way of things. We use all your senses to make a judgement on persons suitability to become an a acquaintance or otherwise, using only text I find its like looking at some-one else through a narrow gap, say in a door or a fence, you cant get to use your other senses, yet, you can build up a picture over time.
I had an unintentional little spat with a member of another Forum who I now find out is a serial spatter (Ha! not sure there is such a word, hope you understand what I mean) who vents their lifes frustrations and inadequacies upon unsuspecting Forum members as they pass by.
But to deceive and fabricate as that author did to fellow members and be shocked! when all became known that he had abused the natural human trust given to him during his membership.
To show total disregard and misuse people like he did for his own ends without guilt, shows him to be something of a Sociopath who don't have friends, or family, they have victims throughout their lives. They are unable to see any wrong in themselves and what they do.
So I will say thanks to you and a few others for giving me the benefit of hind sight.
Patrick

PJ  
PJ

#23 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:22 pm

PJ

Whilst I agree than on these forums you will meet many that who are not what they appear to be. And many more who have agendas known only to themselves. Regretfully such is the nature of forums.

Whilst I am happy to have you discuss this phenomena in general. I would ask you not to refer to specific cases. This could eventually lead to disharmony between forums and I have seen one forum nearly consumed by such events, though over a different theme to this. I would not like to see that happen here.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#24 by PJ , Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:49 pm

I have to bow down to your superior knowledge on this Phil and will take extra care in the future, Its another world in here.
Patrick

PJ  
PJ

#25 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:03 pm

PJ

Nowt to do with superior knowledge, but thanks for your understanding.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#26 by Sheldonboy , Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:32 pm

I totally agree with Phil
I have just this to say on the subject. This forum was created to be run by its members for its members. The members will as far as possible be protected from any outside force that intends disharmony. We are not in competition with any other forum. We are already I believe as good as any other forum, just not as big yet. We have a great but small team so far lets all go on to bigger and better things.
Members from other forums will be made most welcome here but will stick to our rules that's why we have them. No one on this forum will have their entertainment here spoilt by anyone else.
Once again, thanks to everyone who has posted so far, Lets push on. Sheldonboy

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 01.31.2010 | Top

#27 by mikejee , Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:37 pm

Dont you mean "protected from any outside force that intends disharmony."

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Last edited 01.30.2010 | Top

#28 by Deleted User , Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:40 pm

#29 by Sheldonboy , Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:40 pm

Okay I stand corrected thank you.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#30 by Deleted User , Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:43 pm

I feel I must say a little over reaction to pj,s post as no names were mentioned but I will say no more.

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Odds and Sods

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor