Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Major Fire in Dorset

#1 by Sheldonboy , Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:08 pm

9.pm Thursday 9th June

Heath blaze 'spreading rapidly'
About 200 firefighters are tackling a very large fire which is spreading rapidly across heathland in Dorset, putting homes at risk.
Strong winds are causing the fire, on about three sq km (740 acres) of Upton Heath, Poole, to quickly spread.
Homes in nearby Beacon Hill Road have been evacuated and crews are tackling the fire from behind the properties.
Four people have been treated for breathing in smoke and one firefighter taken to hospital for exhaustion.
Another firefighter suffered minor burns to his arm.
Crews in 30 engines, 11 Land Rovers and other support vehicles were called to the heath at about 1400 BST.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Last edited 06.09.2011 | Top

RE: Major Fire in Dorset

#2 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:44 pm

The reason why we suffer drought conditions every year now has nothing to do with global warming or the weather in general. It's all down to bad water management. Little has been done to increase supply when demand has increased with the increase of population. Because the water companies are now private too little money is ploughed back as investment for tomorrow. The shareholders have to be kept happy before the customers.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#3 by mikejee , Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:57 pm

You are quite right Phil. some years ago I was asked to go up to londpon to take part in a consulatation by thames Water, with a load of other people from all over their area. It was presented originally as a forum to get peoples ideas about water. however it soon became clear that all they were interested in was how people would react to differing bill structures and changes in arrangements. Whenever anyone (me) suggested that systems should be put in place to alleviate problems, such as use of the canal system to bring wtaer from water-affluent areas, then the comment was Yes, now lets get on to... I got my train fare, a good luch and (i think) £70, but don't think they were intereted in real answers

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#4 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:30 pm

I think I posted my reply on the wrong thread! (at least I can blame the glasses).

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil
Last edited Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:31 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Tory Union Bashing Again

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor